Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you, Trish. Once you get it right in your head and determined, you'll get it done. That's what finally did it for me after 45 years of cigarettes. I was up to 2.5 packs a day for the last 15 to 20 years. I ended up going cold turkey. It's so cliche but... if I can do it, you can too.

T

trish76642

KELLY! LMAO....i was looking at the 'unread post', and i see "TRISH!" rotfl...i almost said "WHAT!" :D
aw girl...that made me laugh so hard, first time i've laught all week!

Thank you my darlin. I appreciate yall so much. If i didnt have yall this week, i would probably still be puff'n, but i cant do it anymore. Their gonna kill me, and im gonna die with an ugly face :-[

much love to ya girl. :-* and if i ever do have to kick some @$$ at least i'll know i'll be able to breath while doing it :thumbsup: lol..crazy girl.

rwsnc, 45 years is a long time, i will think about you from now on. If you can do it so can i. :wink:
thanks for sharing that with me.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trish.. there's always hope too. The doctor said my lungs appear to be in good shape with no damage. I felt like I ran a gauntlet and managed to come out OK.. It's been almost exactly 5 years and I'm breathing a lot better. I smell good too..... ;D

T

trish76642

LOL ... Our "IN THE SACK" time has doubled too ... Yea Baby ...

WoHo! GIT IT BOY! :occasion18: :D
Very proud of you and your wife for quitting, i'll be glad when i can say 'its been 4 years" i'll be happy when i can say its been a year! If i make it that far, i'll be a GREAT accomplishment for me. Yall have no idea.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Trish~ said:
LOL ... Our "IN THE SACK" time has doubled too ... Yea Baby ...

WoHo! GIT IT BOY! :occasion18: :D
Very proud of you and your wife for quitting, i'll be glad when i can say 'its been 4 years" i'll be happy when i can say its been a year! If i make it that far, i'll be a GREAT accomplishment for me. Yall have no idea.
whats this sack time :icon_scratch:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excepional thing to do Kelly! :icon_sunny:

Trish this is great for you to go to, there are several on here that have stopped we DO KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!
No body is saying its a snap but do what your doin suck on candies do things with your hands hold a pencil tootsie pop anything like that in your fingers just find things to do!

And write that list like you said stick one in bathroom, kitchen on the tv on the doors to your home in your car just any place where you will be!

WE ARE WITH YOU!! :-*

And like Nicky said smell is better and OTHER THINGS get better too!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trish Remember, you are not only doing this for yourself but others who love and care about you as well.
I'm sure your family will breath easier just knowing you are going to have a healthier life :thumbsup:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allo Trish mi amor: Sexy smooochies are far better without the odor of old cigarettes, hint snicker when you kick the habit we will have a drawing between AA, Monty, and myself for a hot date with you. what red blooded gal can refuse this? heheheheh

Kin Kelly join us?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
~Trish~ said:
KELLY! LMAO....i was looking at the 'unread post', and i see "TRISH!" rotfl...i almost said "WHAT!" :D
aw girl...that made me laugh so hard, first time i've laught all week!

Thank you my darlin. I appreciate yall so much. If i didnt have yall this week, i would probably still be puff'n, but i cant do it anymore. Their gonna kill me, and im gonna die with an ugly face :-[

much love to ya girl. :-* and if i ever do have to kick some @$$ at least i'll know i'll be able to breath while doing it :thumbsup: lol..crazy girl.

rwsnc, 45 years is a long time, i will think about you from now on. If you can do it so can i. :wink:
thanks for sharing that with me.

hang in there sis, I am very proud of you

T

trish76642

Thanks everybody....im still trying....feeling a little depressed, i guess thats part of withdrawls, I've gone through that everytime i put them down, I just need to get out of the house i guess, Even for 2 days of not smoking i can tell a difference. The best part i woke up without sneezing this morning. No more allergies, i hope!

Heres to Better Health & Good friends :occasion14:

:love7: to you all.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
~Trish~ said:
Thanks everybody....im still trying....feeling a little depressed, i guess thats part of withdrawls, I've gone through that everytime i put them down, I just need to get out of the house i guess, Even for 2 days of not smoking i can tell a difference. The best part i woke up without sneezing this morning. No more allergies, i hope!

Heres to Better Health & Good friends :occasion14:

:love7: to you all.

you too :occasion14: :wav:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello Trish,

Congrats on your decision to stop smoking. I have never smoked myself, so I can't say I know how hard it is to
quit. But I know several who have and although it was hard for most of them, They DID manage to quit.

I am in your cheering section rooting you on. And as a special cheer for you I'll use a little trick I learned from
you through Goodyguy. On the Everything Else thread today I posted some sunset pics and I'll make a little change
and dedicate them to you.

And I congratulate the others on here who are succeding in their efforts to stay away from smoking.

Ray

T

trish76642

Still a "NoN SMoker!" Just letting you all know i didnt fall off the wagon!

HAve a great day everybody!

Thanks for all you've done.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats for making the weekend still praying for you to do it! Yea!!! And I know you are going to do it!!

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ata Girl...
Smiley_BU_Large_Thumbs_Up-1.gif

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRISHERS MY GIRLY
sorry i havent been on... but i honestly have been thinking about you.
I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!
youre a rock star to so many people. you can do this.
keep your head up girly.
youre loved!
k :love2: :duckie:

T

trish76642

Guess what?!!!!

Im still a NON SMOKER! Im so proud of myself i dont know how to act! If yall only knew how many times during my life i've tried so hard to put them down, only to start all over again. This time i had each of you to stand beside me and i cant even begin to say how much its help me YA'LL! I love all of ya so much for what each of you has done.

The first week, i seriously thought i wanna gonna have a nervous breakdown, no kidding, it was the withdrawls, i just could never handle them. They were always stonger than i was, But...this time i told myself, "one of these days their gonna make me really sick and im gonna have to put them down, so i might as well do it now." So i faught and faught and I WON!

My allergies are gone, i sleep better at night, i wake up feeling rested. Im not so tired everyday when i get home. The best thing about is, i dont get outta breath as easy as i did when im playing with my grandbabies, and Evy was right, the taste of food is OMG sinful!

I will never pick them up again, how dumb would i be to put myself through that again.

love you guys! :-* so much!

One more thing....this is for the ones who say, "i cant!" I did it for 30 years, so i mean it when i say, if i can do it, you can do it!"
(that felt great!) lol

Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions