What's new

Troughs & Wet Sand Give up Gold? & Some Relics :)

Bigpoppa

Full Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
125
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This day just prior to Sandy ,I spent the mid afternoon low tide hunting in the shallows, troughs and the wet sand...As you can see from the pics I managed to find a little bit of everything.
The gold band I still am questioning, but until I can do tests on it, then I will call it gold..It came out of the wet sand just as shown, without any cleaning, so I'm guessing it is either a low karat gold or possibly brass and probably an older ring..It is also the lightest ring I have ever seen for probably a mans ring weighing only 2.7 grams, but it does have that little ping when you drop it on a hard surface..It has also been repaired , which also leads me to believe that it is gold, because why would someone go to all of that trouble for a brass ring unless it had some real sentimental value ??

On to the other stuff....
Total Clad: $5.55 bunch of greenies , but nothing old
A partial old ship spike broken off at the top...Most others I have found in the past have a diff coloration from the bronze, so I'm not sure if this one is as old as some I have found
An older spoon, which has obviously been down there in the water for awhile..I'll clean it and see if there are any markings...
A bunch of assorted sized sinkers and a lure
A brass or bronze item that I have no clue about ??
A small lead piece, that is hollowed out, ridged around it and a star on the tip..another what is it ???
Couple of older model keys
Some sort of metal tag..hopefully not a crematory one...if so it's going back to the sea with it's owner
some sea glass

All in all it was a fun hunt that produced a mixture of interesting items and another great day out in the salty fresh air....


hunt5.jpg


PreSandyOct.jpg



Relicspresandy1JPG.jpg

Relicspresandy3JPG.jpg


Relicspresandy5JPG.jpg
 
Upvote 0
what does the other side of the brass thing look like?
 
Nice hunt...interesting pile of finds...congrats.
 
WTG,:icon_thumright:congrats on your hunt,,HH:hello:
 
Congrats on a varied amount of finds. Do you keep the sinkers and lures? That brass thing looks like a squished lightbulb fixture. Congrats again and best of luck.
 
B.P Always a pleasure reading about your hunts and looking
at pictures of your finds. You always come back with some cool finds.
I always like looking at what people are finding or not finding on the beach.
Much better then reading about some millionaire Bond salesman crying about
Paying for a beach badge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom