Status
Not open for further replies.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Martial law...? :dontknow: ???

I think it was intended to say, that not all the states are in favor of some sort of national lockdown. I agree.

My point was we are a republic of states...with individual states acting independently under a common federal government.

State names not being just a label, but our method of independently governing ourselves somewhat separate from the federal government.

But ya..a true national lockdown would be martial law. From what Iā€™ve seen..they are using prudent discretion as far as that goes. Martial law would mean elimination of ALL of our constitutional rights..I donā€™t think everyone is really thinking it through that far..
Federal guidance and state implementation is the way to go here.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it was intended to say, that not all the states are in favor of some sort of national lockdown. I agree.

My point was we are a republic of states...with individual states acting independently under a common federal government.

State names not being just a label, but our method of independently governing ourselves somewhat separate from the federal government.

But ya..a true national lockdown would be martial law. From what Iā€™ve seen..they are using prudent discretion as far as that goes. Martial law would mean elimination of ALL of our constitutional rights..I donā€™t think everyone is really thinking it through that far..

People are the problem...

We've mostly all been educated as to what we should be doing. And not be doing.
Is everyone complying?

I'm not showing symptoms so I'm free to ignorantly spread it , seems to be the trend.
Must they/we be forced, which they/we don't want to be?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are the problem...

We've mostly all been educated as to what we should be doing. And not be doing.
Is everyone complying?

I'm not showing symptoms so I'm free to ignorantly spread it , seems to be the trend.
Must they/we be forced, which they/we don't want to be?

If you drill down to the state laws governing your local Public Health Officer, you will see they have pretty extensive authority to protect the well being of the public. If there is an STD outbreak, they can make enforceable orders to contain it. The county Sheriff is the highest law in the land (look it up). Most sheriff departments have to resources to coordinate with every law enforcement agency we have now days (every single agency seems to have a cop now) to enforce it to the extent they need to.

Thatā€™s the thing people donā€™t understand..itā€™s not necessarily a top down power structure. When it comes down to it, local government has much more power than its given credit for. They may be holding off until they can declare an emergency in order to open up state funding.
If your County/City isnā€™t doing enough, you need to call into their board meetings and voice your opinion. They do not have to wait for the state. It truly is bottom up when it comes to these things...otherwise it just has to do with funding and resources.

Now that Iā€™m really thinking about this...the Public Health Officer (usually a local doctor) and the Sheriff are two big power players in government. Right below the Board of Supervisors (or city council).

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not give this type of info out! You do not have enough guns to fight off the low life trash that would kill you for a can of tuna if things get bad. Stock up\shut up.

Note to self... newnan man is holding tuna...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around Day 10 of our self-imposed quarantine, my wife sent this to me...

image0.jpeg

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dam it, I was trying to be serious...then you get all 5DAE4A90-B6C5-4436-B1E8-BB147E5715E5.jpeg ly
ON US!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned the other day, I saw more type LEO's,
all over the place down here, almost 2 weeks ago.
All kinds & too many various agencies, told me, somethings up.
Also watched a fb post of one of our local groups aerial drone operator.
He's been working mapping certain sections, for Miami Bch PD.
I follow our local LEO & other groups, ppl tell what they see.

I'm not saying, somethings up, but, somethings up. :laughing7:

Oh. There's a pic, goes along with that, too. ;D

View attachment 1817680

I should call, tell them he's in Venezuela, no... :laughing7:

Pat, thatā€™s going to end up being a VERY big deal once this starts to blow over.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you drill down to the state laws governing your local Public Health Officer, you will see they have pretty extensive authority to protect the well being of the public. If there is an STD outbreak, they can make enforceable orders to contain it. The county Sheriff is the highest law in the land (look it up). Most sheriff departments have to resources to coordinate with every law enforcement agency we have now days (every single agency seems to have a cop now) to enforce it to the extent they need to.

Thatā€™s the thing people donā€™t understand..itā€™s not necessarily a top down power structure. When it comes down to it, local government has much more power than its given credit for. They may be holding off until they can declare an emergency in order to open up state funding.
If your County/City isnā€™t doing enough, you need to call into their board meetings and voice your opinion. They do not have to wait for the state. It truly is bottom up when it comes to these things...otherwise it just has to do with funding and resources.

Now that Iā€™m really thinking about this...the Public Health Officer (usually a local doctor) and the Sheriff are two big power players in government. Right below the Board of Supervisors (or city council).

Aye.

I'm not glued to the folks in charge around me but they seem to be wanting voluntary compliance.
Why is on them.
I'll still maintain a shotgun and bean bag rounds would help educate. Well, nevermind educate for those who refuse to comply...But it might inspire cooperation by enforcement. And a bruising reminder. From a distance even.

Made a grocery run early today. Been some weeks.
Traffic was way down which is good.
Folks were well behaved in the store with those not wearing masks the minority.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye.

I'm not glued to the folks in charge around me but they seem to be wanting voluntary compliance.
Why is on them.
I'll still maintain a shotgun and bean bag rounds would help educate. Well, nevermind educate for those who refuse to comply...But it might inspire cooperation by enforcement. And a bruising reminder. From a distance even.

Made a grocery run early today. Been some weeks.
Traffic was way down which is good.
Folks were well behaved in the store with those not wearing masks the minority.

I understand where you are coming from.

I took exception with a recent county wide mandate. I suggested that it was their responsibility as government authorities to provide reference to the legal authority under which they were issuing the mandate...mind you this was a 14 day shelter in place mandate for non-residents. The mandate was removed from their Facebook page as well as the county web page the next day. POOF! Never happened. Could have been a coincidence, maybe not.

I supported the actions they ordered and felt it should have been more severe...however - until we have marshal law..we HAVE TO hold our government to the fire about following long standing laws.

What people donā€™t do out of common courtesy and social responsibilities is a different issue.
Society has the power to affect that to some extent.

Locally our county got rated in a newspaper article as an F
As far as obeying the state shelter in place order. This study was based on GPS data stolen from smart phones.
All the populated metro areas got Aā€™s.
What the author failed to realize is that the grade reflected the ratio of classified essential workers to non-essential workers.
Our county workforce consists of mainly people raising food...providing building materials...tire shops, auto parts, feed stores...construction workers........government workers..
We were following the mandate. Same went for other rural counties. Gotta remember some of the people running around traveling the highways have no choice right now.

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the map that The NY Times published that used the cell phone locational data. Indiana and the northeast states did really well. Southern and midwestern states, not so much. Essential jobs does make a difference. A lot of the farmers have been spraying fields recently... still a little early to work dirt and plant.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the map that The NY Times published that used the cell phone locational data. Indiana and the northeast states did really well. Southern and midwestern states, not so much. Essential jobs does make a difference. A lot of the farmers have been spraying fields recently... still a little early to work dirt and plant.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Yes and they have larger distances to travel...grocery store is right around the corner in the city...for us itā€™s a 20 minute drive or more at highway speeds at best.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Martial law...? :dontknow: ???

Nothing like Martial law from Hollywood. Still allowed out for neccessities . Medication, food, fuel, supply chains for the above. etc.

chub

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and they have larger distances to travel...grocery store is right around the corner in the city...for us itā€™s a 20 minute drive or more at highway speeds at best.

20 minutes to and from the grocery for us as well. A big reason for the difference in people traveling and congregating by state was determined by the shut down and stay in place orders and when they were implemented by the various states. Southern states, western, and midwestern states were much slower to issue those orders. Thatā€™s particularly troubling for those states. As I mentioned, Indianaā€™s projections seem pretty good, in terms of hospital bed space during the projected peak and Los Angelesā€™ mayor said that their curve seemed to be leveling off. Indiana and California took precautionary measures pretty early on, comparatively speaking.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It sounds like your "national emergency" is that you have 50 different approaches to resolving it :laughing7: Hence my quip about standing united. I understand freedom and rights...

chub

chub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread