Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I both saw and understood the writing on the wall on January 23rd and started prepping that night. It may sound strange but that day it's like I saw this global coronavirus chess game nightmare we're in now unfold in a flash of insight, I knew we'd be facing economic catastrophe not seen since WW1 or the great depression. If there's one thing I can always count on my fellow man for it's the propensity to be completely braindead and incapable of thinking or acting outside their exceptionally narrow lanes.

I got kilos of pure chloroquine diphosphate, hydroxychloroquine, full kilos of 7 different antibiotics and an arsenal of other exceptionally valuable medicines, antiviral herbs, vitamins and minerals etc. 2 oxygen machines and lots of n95 masks, 3m p100 filters, heckler even a case of gas masks lol.

Wife and I cashed out of the stock market before the obviously inevitable crash and converted that and our savings into a beautiful fat fortune of silver and gold bullion before the rabble woke up and swamped the precious metals markets. Also significantly expanded my guns and ammo before that all got swamped too.

Got seeds galore and am literally tripling the garden. Wife's job is very safe and I work online so thankfully were secure there and super well supplied, but most people will get bent over a barrel by this. Sad, but you can't fix stupid.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I both saw and understood the writing on the wall on January 23rd and started prepping that night. It may sound strange but that day it's like I saw this global coronavirus chess game nightmare we're in now unfold in a flash of insight, I knew we'd be facing economic catastrophe not seen since WW1 or the great depression. If there's one thing I can always count on my fellow man for it's the propensity to be completely braindead and incapable of thinking or acting outside their exceptionally narrow lanes.

I got kilos of pure chloroquine diphosphate, hydroxychloroquine, full kilos of 7 different antibiotics and an arsenal of other exceptionally valuable medicines, antiviral herbs, vitamins and minerals etc. 2 oxygen machines and lots of n95 masks, 3m p100 filters, heckler even a case of gas masks lol.

Wife and I cashed out of the stock market before the obviously inevitable crash and converted that and our savings into a beautiful fat fortune of silver and gold bullion before the rabble woke up and swamped the precious metals markets. Also significantly expanded my guns and ammo before that all got swamped too.

Got seeds galore and am literally tripling the garden. Wife's job is very safe and I work online so thankfully were secure there and super well supplied, but most people will get bent over a barrel by this. Sad, but you can't fix stupid.

I started taking this serious on Jan 22nd, that's when I saw what extremes China was going to and I believe that probably was when we got our first case?

Unfortunately I've got no fortune to protect.
And I didn't buy masks. Otherwise I prepared for weeks of isolation.

I think people should now be thinking a couple months down the road.
With the worlds factories closing down (temporarily?) we are going to see a delayed impact to our supply chain.

The things that are in high demand and short supply will no longer be limited to dry goods and health related things.

I'm an essential employee and I'm certain half the people in my office will catch this virus.
It goes that same way with colds and seasonal flu.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i must say - with ALL due respect- that the united states hasnt appeared to be so united with regard to a national lock down

chub

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think people should now be thinking a couple months down the road.
With the worlds factories closing down (temporarily?) we are going to see a delayed impact to our supply chain.

The things that are in high demand and short supply will no longer be limited to dry goods and health related things.

Yes, this is a very good thing to consider. I bought dozens of different Chinese gadgets (US warehouse) and other items with delicate supply chain exposure 2 months ago that I thought would be useful or good for barter in a crisis; emergency solar dynamo radios, gasoline inverter generator, lots of spare digital scales, stuff like that. Much is already sold out or more expensive if still available.

I'm on the ball and basically got everything I brainstormed the possible need for already but if there are any tools or devices any of you've been putting off purchasing you should just go buy it now while you still can.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i must say - with ALL due respect- that the united states hasnt appeared to be so united with regard to a national lock down

chub

Individual states are acting.
Even this far into this epidemic, I’ve yet to hear of any “lock downs” in the US.
No general quarantine orders. No enforced curfews. No ban on interstate, county, or city travel. No airports are closed.

Just a very soft “order” that is to be voluntarily obeyed.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this is a very good thing to consider. I bought dozens of different Chinese gadgets (US warehouse) and other items with delicate supply chain exposure 2 months ago that I thought would be useful or good for barter in a crisis; emergency solar dynamo radios, gasoline inverter generator, lots of spare digital scales, stuff like that. Much is already sold out or more expensive if still available.

I'm on the ball and basically got everything I brainstormed the possible need for already but if there are any tools or devices any of you've been putting off purchasing you should just go buy it now while you still can.

You sound like a prepper. Did you have this tendency prior to this, or was this spurred by you suddenly feeling inadequately prepared? Just curious.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always had the instinct and a lifelong interest in "back to basics" survival/homesteading skills bolstering self-sufficiency, but aside from lots of meds and chemicals and tools I already had all else was spurred by a father's unyielding desire to secure the health, safety and future of his immunocompromised wife and beautiful baby girls.

Basically, I saw it as my sacred duty as a man to do everything possible to study the situation and then shield those I love. Indeed it's every man's sacred duty, but far too many are still behaving like stupid petulant little children. Can't fix stupid.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fla begins state wide lock down tonight, Orange county which includes Orlando has had a 11pm to 5 am curfew for 3 weeks.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fla begins state wide lock down tonight, Orange county which includes Orlando has had a 11pm to 5 am curfew for 3 weeks.

Watching Desantis now.
imo Not really a Lock down :hello2: He said if there is something you want to do, Fishing with your kid, Running , Whatever, Do it.
Just avoid doing it with Groups.

Was hoping to hear him say Detecting the Beach :coffee2:

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a slow/soft roll out, all along. Parts of Dade been under curfew, too.
Slow rolling kinda allows ppl to get over the shock, get prepared, get somewhat comfortable,
(with this temporary new reality that may last a while),
getting the kids ready for home schooling.... Now, it's on!
Adult men/women have jobs to do, let them! Stay out of their way!

I went for grocery refill (what I could), yesterday morning early.
Still no tp or pt's, I did grab a 250 pack of publix napkins. milk, bread, some meat there.
Had to do Walmart, for little screw in propane cylinders, phone card,
grabbed a couple bags lemons, oranges, blueberries, yellow squash, zuchinni,
even some okra & a few fresh tomatoes. Knew I should have grabbed some seeds.
Knew I Should have grabbed me a new cookware set, too, but kay sera sera

Had a prescription I picked up in pharmacy drive thru this morning.
The Chinese pharmacists girl, all gloved up, was constantly fiddling with her mask,
rubbing her face, touching the mask, didn't look like she knew what she was doing.:dontknow:
I kept bags over my hands, signed, took my medicine, turned them bags
around on it. Then sanitized like I been digging bat chit!
Them meds can lay in the back room, probably for a year, if it mattered.:laughing7:

Bout like that cashier that licked her fingers & thumb to give me that $6.00's.
That money is still laying in that vase!
Day 1, starts again.... ughhh :laughing7:

This is really no thing for me, I'm a homebody, anyways. :dontknow:
I only panic, if I run out of chocolate milk.... :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching Desantis now.
imo Not really a Lock down :hello2: He said if there is something you want to do, Fishing with your kid, Running , Whatever, Do it.
Just avoid doing it with Groups.

Was hoping to hear him say Detecting the Beach :coffee2:

Police will break up any kind of congregation, you can still buy essentials, many of the beaches are closed and you can be fined for being on them. You can fish. but not in groups, go for walks ect The only way to force people to stay in homes would be martial law and national guard, not something you really want to do.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now said...

"virus can transmit simply by talking".

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned the other day, I saw more type LEO's,
all over the place down here, almost 2 weeks ago.
All kinds & too many various agencies, told me, somethings up.
Also watched a fb post of one of our local groups aerial drone operator.
He's been working mapping certain sections, for Miami Bch PD.
I follow our local LEO & other groups, ppl tell what they see.

I'm not saying, somethings up, but, somethings up. :laughing7:

Oh. There's a pic, goes along with that, too. ;D

wanted.jpg

I should call, tell them he's in Venezuela, no... :laughing7:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Do not give this type of info out! You do not have enough guns to fight off the low life trash that would kill you for a can of tuna if things get bad. Stock up\shut up.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Where do you buy kilos of prescription medications?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m assuming in Wyoming, you can still buy antibiotics at feed stores.
Not sure about the other stuff...hopefully not aquarium tank cleaner...

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you buy kilos of prescription medications?

Well I'm resourceful and can get basically anything, but what I stockpiled are the pure powder "active pharmaceutical ingredients" (APIs) from the same places that pharmaceutical companies who press or encapsulate your prescription medications buy their ingredients from. Legal loophole basically. I could get pills too but they're exceptionally expensive compared to pure powder.

I figured that since the USA is dumb and relied on China for 97% of our antibiotics for example, they might be valuable to me for personal use and maybe worth a fortune to others if this gets worse... Which it certainly will.

I already saw the chloroquine phosphate go from 100 per kilo for me to nearly 50 bucks a gram on eBay that I saw panic bidding drive it up to. It's likely that further declared shortages will send value of other materials to the moon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions