Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll follow that up with a couple of funnies... :laughing7:

It could be worse.... not sure exactly how.... but still sure it could be... :icon_scratch:

homeschoolgraduate.jpg

homeschoolday4.jpg

lockdownweek2.jpg

ozzybat.jpg

I feel it's important, to start the day off with a good song, a few laughs,

and a Big ole Cup of Coffee! :tongue3:

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been going thru this for a while longer here in upstate NY ,then my southern friends so here is alittle advice. Most of you probably have already prepared-for those who havnt do it now---list you may forgot, Tylenol, garbage bags, canned goods , gas, beverages, paper towels, toilet paper, xtra cell phone charger, more Tylenol, Sudafed, cough syrup, fruit, hand sanitizer, good luck all.----ps -Thermometer

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been going thru this for a while longer here in upstate NY ,then my southern friends so here is alittle advice. Most of you probably have already prepared-for those who havnt do it now---list you may forgot, Tylenol, garbage bags, canned goods , gas, beverages, paper towels, toilet paper, xtra cell phone charger, more Tylenol, Sudafed, cough syrup, fruit, hand sanitizer, good luck all.
Yep, sounds about right. None of that around here, though, atm... :dontknow:
All the neighbors got plenty of everything, anyone may lack, though, we've always bartered/swapped, got an egg, onion, cup of sugar, power tool, table saw, etc... :laughing7:
Grab some batteries, too, rechargeables will help, too. (I ain't sure where they make them things).
Time to think ppl.

My biggest issue to day, is my little computer and plugin speakers,
just won't crank old Aerosmith Bootleg live, up loud enough to rattle the windows. :BangHead:
I'm gonna hafta crank up the 40+yo Morse with the quadraphenia,
plus surround sound theatre... I'll show that Japanese backyard karokee bar behind me… :evil6:
They'll know it's the weekend... :headbang: Plus, one can get one heck of a work out,
dancing around cleaning... the neighbor caught me door dancing.... :o
yeah, that's for poor folks cain't afford a pole... :laughing7:

forgot one... :laughing7:

beforeafter.jpg

:laughing7:

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Blue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies, do I see." Willy Nelson tune from way back. Has anyone noticed the brilliant blue the last few days? Shutting down the world's automobiles and aircraft seems to be making a difference. The brown haze along the horizon is gone, and the sun is definitely brighter. I can appreciate that, at least. I'll have to check the stars tonight. Usually, here along the coast, only the very brightest stars are visible.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tree frogs at night for about 4 days now. Ahh , spring! One frog was chirping during a frost the other morning in the predawn. Must have had a comfortable/warm perch.
Hearing coyotes ,owl ect, that human noise often blocks out.

A car went by yesterday morning out on the main road and the sound had me looking up at they sky for a plane...L.o.l.

We made a grocery run yesterday after the last one some weeks ago.
Deer were still loitering/browsing later into the morning near the highway with the reduced traffic.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little bit late to be preparing (even the most remote places have shortages).

But I’d add the following to the list..

Powdered milk *
Evaporated milk
Bread flour *
Flour *
Active yeast *
Salt
Sugar
Vegetable oil and shortening
Baking soda/powder
Rice *
Beans *
Potatoes
Oatmeal
Bisquick
Coffee
Eggs *
Frozen vegetables *
Canned vegetables *
Fresh meat

Toilet paper *
Paper towels *
Bleach *
Sanitizing wipes *
Hand sanitizer *
Vacuum Sealer w/extra bags
Dish soap
Laundry detergent

Batteries
Motor oil
Gear oil
Chainsaw mix oil

* These items have been sold out in my area for the last month.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i have most on your list + frozen and canned fruit

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you lack stuff like hand sanitizer, you can make your own by diluting a gallon of hardware store denatured alcohol with 30% water and use it as a spray or rinse if you don't know how to make gels. 190 or 140 proof everclear is fine but expensive because of alcohol tax. 0.5% sodium hypochlorite solution (bleach is 5.0%) is also very effective.

HEPA filter vacuum and hvac filters can be modified or cut up to make pretty decent masks if you neglected to get any n95 respirator masks when they were still on the shelves.

If there are still latex, nitrile, vinyl, or even the super thin plastic food service gloves then buy a box, otherwise you'll have to get creative and undoubtedly more wasteful and inefficient.

UV disinfection boxes for mail, frequently used items etc may be nice, not sure if the heated steamed spa towel UV boxes are still available but they were really cheap before.

Act now and prepare for 30-40% unemployment. It's gonna be a fun year.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll need an Anal thermometer and an Oral thermometer ( exactly the same except for the taste) :laughing7:

chub

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to make light of the current situation, so... here goes...

ATTENTION: CiVod-91 AntiVirus - New Release; VER: GYTVBOYT_1.01.A

IMPORTANT: Once the Virus gets into your System, it beginis to screw with your internal parts and will destroy your Data Stream which hinders your ability to Twerk

How do you know if you have it? Easy, your butt cheeks become saggy and lose their springiness and you lose your ability to record and post your Twerking Videos to YouTube.

Get this antivirus while it is still available for free and restore your ability to record and share your Twerking Videos to YouTube for all your family, friends and all your fans to watch and enjoy!

I know you are asking what does GYTVBOYT stand for, right? Well it stands for Get Your Twerking Videos Back On YouTube.

Hurry while supplies last - you won't be sorry and it's guaranteed to work or your virus will be refunded to you no questions asked.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

-DH-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATTENTION: CiVod-91 AntiVirus - New Release; VER: GYTVBOYT_1.01.A

IMPORTANT: Once the Virus gets into your System, it beginis to screw with your internal parts and will destroy your Data Stream which hinders your ability to Twerk

How do you know if you have it? Easy, your butt cheeks become saggy and lose their springiness and you lose your ability to record and post your Twerking Videos to YouTube.

Get this antivirus while it is still available for free and restore your ability to record and share your Twerking Videos to YouTube for all your family, friends and all your fans to watch and enjoy!

I know you are asking what does GYTVBOYT stand for, right? Well it stands for Get Your Twerking Videos Back On YouTube.

Hurry while supplies last - you won't be sorry and it's guaranteed to work or your virus will be refunded to you no questions asked.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

-DH-

Lets hope it Effects More Twerkers :coffee2:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny stuff.

I think we are about to find out, we focused too much on washing hands and not enough on wearing a mask of any type.

It’s a respiratory disease that spreads by mouth and nose...and masks are not supposed to help???!...why didn’t we question this earlier?

South Korea was easily a template to follow. My guess is we simply had very inadequate supplies and the gov got spooked by that, triggering purposeful misinformation so as to preserve supplies for the front line responders.

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh yeah IMAUDIGGER, the functionally useless or at best obsolete salaried functionaries and fat bureaucrats in government were lying about masks being ineffective? Oh wow what a surprise, the healthcare professionals whose services braindead commies think are a universal human right aren't adequately supplied? who coulda thunk it lol... Hopefully no one here was stupid enough to believe the gov't nonsense and prepped back in January and February! After the local and state idiots waited until March to try stocking anything naturally there will be severe shortages now so have fun if you didn't already get cheap stacks of n95s, you'll need to make your own now.

Have fun boomers, this'll be the most intense ride of you over-the-hill lives. My parents are fine thanks to my many Cassandra calls earlier and shipments of scarce supplies. Wake up now or suffer my friends.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny stuff.

I think we are about to find out, we focused too much on washing hands and not enough on wearing a mask of any type.

It’s a respiratory disease that spreads by mouth and nose...and masks are not supposed to help???!...why didn’t we question this earlier?

South Korea was easily a template to follow. My guess is we simply had very inadequate supplies and the gov got spooked by that, triggering purposeful misinformation so as to preserve supplies for the front line responders.

You hit the nail on the head :icon_thumright:

I saw through that right away when they said masks would only work to keep an infected person from spreading the virus and would not work to help prevent a mask wearer from becoming infected.

Ok if that's true then why do doctors and nurses need to wear them? DUH
They were taking us for idiots telling us that wearing a mask would not do any good.

The doctors and nurses knew better and so did I.
Chinese people have known it for years!

I bet China's leaders were laughing their asses off when they heard the American people were being advised not to wear masks.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh yeah IMAUDIGGER, the functionally useless or at best obsolete salaried functionaries and fat bureaucrats in government were lying about masks being ineffective? Oh wow what a surprise, the healthcare professionals whose services braindead commies think are a universal human right aren't adequately supplied? who coulda thunk it lol... Hopefully no one here was stupid enough to believe the gov't nonsense and prepped back in January and February! After the local and state idiots waited until March to try stocking anything naturally there will be severe shortages now so have fun if you didn't already get cheap stacks of n95s, you'll need to make your own now.

Have fun boomers, this'll be the most intense ride of you over-the-hill lives. My parents are fine thanks to my many Cassandra calls earlier and shipments of scarce supplies. Wake up now or suffer my friends.

I think you should consider the fact that your prepping was very expensive silver. Very few people these days can absorb a hit like that AND anticipate getting laid off. It’s poor planning not to have investments and savings...but it is the norm. MANY older people on fixed incomes that got screwed by inflation. So they are not stupid..just don’t have the means.

I know I spent over $1000 on additional groceries early on.
That’s not counting additional fuel cans and fuel..and many other things.
Last trip to grocery store was $210 just to top off supplies.

I did not consider masks.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
562 New Yorkers alone today...

I think, given the unprecedented situation we are in, we should lower our flags at half mast for those killed by this pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread