ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is this posted here? I get the entire problem, but, why here?

17-The-Big-Lebowski-quotes.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Wearing gloves can actually increase your risk of catching coronavirus "

DUH ! ! !

Was wondering when that would start surfacing. heh

You don't have to be Einstein to figure that out... IF you don't use wipes constantly ... OR wash hands with gloves on over and over... all you are doing is tranfering the virus instead of killing it.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“While gloves can protect your hands from coming into contact with these droplets, they will still remain on the surface of the gloves and may even last there for longer if they are not washed frequently, leading to an increased risk of catching the virus by touching your face or food with your gloves, as well as the risk of passing it on to others,”

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
“While gloves can protect your hands from coming into contact with these droplets, they will still remain on the surface of the gloves and may even last there for longer if they are not washed frequently, leading to an increased risk of catching the virus by touching your face or food with your gloves, as well as the risk of passing it on to others,”

"Stupid is as stupid does. "

Attachments

• photostudio_1585829657833.jpg
    photostudio_1585829657833.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 39

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chinese don't want to kill us , we're the fools who buy all of their worthless , poorly made crap.
This is a world wide problem not just a united states problem.

but the government is reporting about real people who plot to spread Corona and they aren't Chinese
.https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article241428466.html

OP
OP
digging440yrs

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally im more concerned with North Korea then China, N.K. has been dangerously quite.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears early action worked for California.

The California transmission rate curve is the blue one at the bottom.

C4CF069D-2779-49D2-ADF6-160BC3DC875C.jpeg

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More worried about cancer or heart disease. I take the advised safety precautions but I'm not going to sit around and worry about it killing me. Not going to buy into the conspiracy theories on the net either.

What "conspiracy theories" are you talking about? Don't get me wrong, I really don't know what you are referring to. I am not the brightest bulb in the building.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally im more concerned with North Korea then China, N.K. has been dangerously quite.

Wrong Thread to discuss them I Guess, But Do People go Into NK ? are there Flights to NK ?

Again Wrong thread to Discuss Them, But it may be a Death Sentence in NK For becoming ill

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facts:
#1 The virus came from China
#2 China did not report until after the virus spread to the US
#3 China blames US military for the Virus
#4 Millions of masks were already in use in China
#5 China makes billions selling PPE to the world
#6 The US has surpassed China in both infections and deaths due to the virus

Draw your own conclusions

GG~

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cache nuked his own posts.

perhaps he realized no politics allowed in this thread

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to cache's posts? Did the Chinese hack T-net :icon_scratch:

I’d say that the mods took my suggestion and deleted it. It was inappropriate enough that we got a new member...

Welcome to the forum CoastieProspector!!

Thank you mods!!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What will be the really FINAL lesson here? Globalisation sucks? I remember the days of the local butcher, baker 1 x "SUPER" market, 3 X bars, newsagent etc....then it all became malls and crap. They just switched off a power station here in South Africa after (no demand during lock down) YEARS of a system under pressure...so all the power cost hikes are due to industry? another tax on the working class? I know Argentina have a "everything in house" policy - not sure how successful it is. So much global trade seems to be about entertainment, consumerist crap. Perhaps imports should be limited to the resources that a country cant produce or doesnt have...not terrible chinese quality rubbish, olive oil, fruit, etc from the EU etc etc. LOCAL jobs in Local economies with local benefits for...LOCALS.

Is this virus the blessing we all needed to release us from the TYRANNY of a century plus of the Industrial revolution which has led to globalisation and ultimately open(ish) borders?

Would things look any different right now if this was post EU ?

chub

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.. lol. Actually two mods read it and left it up. One even replied..

I'm just not interested in debating it. I changed my mind about engaging anyone about the subject matter. Let's just see what happens. I truly hope for the best

You should become a Charter Member so you can freely discuss these issues and more with other adults who actually appreciate debating views contrary to their own.
Be happy to have you in the Charter members only and Politics forums.

GG~

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean inappropriate? It was inappropriate to show a video of an Asian woman suspiciously rubbing her hands all over laptops and cellphones in a crowded retail store? You're one of these people so concerned about hurting the feelings of China.. They were literally blaming our troops for starting the spread of this virus. They hid everything for months after this thing started.. Sometimes profiling is actually necessary. Anyway, get over it man

The video was fine. I had absolutely no problem with the video and actually thought that it was good that you posted it to let folks know that they should refrain from touching unnecessary items (which has been posted here previously). You can post it again, just use an appropriate title... perhaps, "Woman in California touches a bunch of electronic equipment in a store, possibly to spread or contract the coronavirus." That would be accurate.

The title that you attributed to the video was inappropriate, alarmist nonsense... your title made assumptions about the woman's nationality and implied that her actions were part of a larger, collaborated effort... just like I said in Post #820. I'm not "one of those people so concerned about hurting the feelings of China."

I'm one of those people who doesn't appreciate the spread of misinformation and misleading titles and you're one of those people who spreads misinformation. Accuracy matters. Words matter. Facts matter.

I'm over it.

Kantuck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache, no offense, I think you are correct as far as being "alarmist". It is simply a virus, nothing more, nothing less. The entire world is affected not just America. There have been far worse virus through the ages, AIDs killed 36 million, 1968 flu killed 1 million, Asian Flu in 1958 killed 2 million, the 1918 Spanish flu killed 20-50 million, the black plague killed 75-100 million in 1300s, in 500s the Bubonic Plague killed 25 million people wiping out half of Europe.

America will survive this, we will survive this. Some people in this country really need to just get a grip.

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caches,

Thanks for the apology. I just think that everyone should be careful about what information they put out there during these uncertain times.A lot of people are on edge right now. Did you see the unemployment report today... ~6.6M new jobless claims last week, bringing the 2-week total to nearly 10M? I feel so badly for those folks... having lost their jobs, sometimes both bread winners in a household losing their jobs at the same time… now they’re wondering if they'll lose their homes, wondering how they'll feed their families. Others have it worse... they've lost family members and friends to COVID-19 and there will be more. I wish that there was more that I could do to help…

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache, no offense, I think you are correct as far as being "alarmist". It is simply a virus, nothing more, nothing less. The entire world is affected not just America. There have been far worse virus through the ages, AIDs killed 36 million, 1968 flu killed 1 million, Asian Flu in 1958 killed 2 million, the 1918 Spanish flu killed 20-50 million, the black plague killed 75-100 million in 1300s, in 500s the Bubonic Plague killed 25 million people wiping out half of Europe.

America will survive this, we will survive this. Some people in this country really need to just get a grip.

TH,

Yes there have been worse calamities throughout history. You mentioned a few but you forgot to mention one of the worst… how the Native Americans were decimated by influenza, smallpox, and other European diseases, for which they had no resistance, followed by many cruel acts by our ancestors (mass slaughters, the US military using smallpox infected blankets to deliberately kill even more…). Just because there have been worse pandemics throughout history doesn’t mean that we should be indifferent to the current one and the suffering of the nation.

You’re right, America will survive this. But what infuriates me is the failure of our federal government to take even the most basic steps to minimize infections and deaths. There has been no national stay at home order, so several states that obviously should have put measures in place did not, either because they were looking for federal guidance, out of incompetence, or a combination of both.

Individual hospitals, individual states have been begging for PPE. They’ve been bidding against each other for it and even bidding against the federal government for the same limited supplies, which drives up costs and doesn’t ensure that the supplies get where they are most needed. That’s appalling. FEMA should have taken over purchasing and distribution from the beginning. As of Monday, the US was STILL SHIPPING MILLIONS OF MASKS OVERSEAS, even though we have the most cases in the world and the greatest need… https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidd...yers-and-this-is-what-i-learned/#40559ebb56d4

Furthermore, when supplies are offered the federal agencies don’t act on it (e.g. the Pentagon offered 2,000 ventilators but as of Tuesday, they still hadn’t been shipped because HHS and FEMA never told them where to send them...).

This has been declared a “National Emergency.” One would think that a coordinated, national response would be appropriate. The lack of federal actions is causing additional Americans to die needlessly.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread