What's new

Trying to identify this item

Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
740
Reaction score
186
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at a 125 year old park about 7" deep.

earring1.jpg
 
I would definately say it was a clasp and with those small claws it looks as if it goes thru somesort of material or leather.

U.
 
Upvote 0
Hi Digger, thats a nice find :icon_thumleft:. I think grafter got this one, the "spikes" would cause to much damage to a tie, cravat or any other material. I have seen hair clasps from the Victorian and Edwardian era that are similar. I will try to find some photo's for you, in the meantime what is the metal.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a book clasp?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom