Tumacacori Mission Mines RE: Sister Micaela Molina Document

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JB,

What took you so long. I have been coming to Arizona since I was 13, but only moved here 25-years ago. Good idea to get out of California before they wall it off.:laughing7:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe, I spent some of my formative years in Alamogordo, New Mexico (1955 to 1960), and visited Arizona several times during that time frame, so I'm not exactly a newbie to the desert or the area. I really don't want to leave CA, but I cannot tolerate what is going on in this state any longer. Once I'm out, I'll help them wall it off! :tongue3: By the way, I never knew Elmer Keith, but i was good friends with someone who knew him pretty well.

JB

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

About Purisima de Conception mine .
Is situated on a south mountain side , just out and to the SE from Pass de Janos . Pass de Janos is an abrupt ( about 45* ) , short ( about 60 yards ) and narrow N to S passage between the rocky mountain ridge .
This is a GE image of the Purisima site . The passage is up left corner but is not visible in this image .

PdC.jpg

I believe there are visible some crushers . Enjoy !

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short, Iam from northern Calif, but now a citi o h Arizona. My father was bon in rouh and ready,Calif,`

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually I believe that there are 3 VdG mine locations. The one you posted and 2 others. The Bat cave one with the gold and the other Silver mine that was a shaft and not a wide dispersal like your photo. I know where yours is, but will not talk about it as it is a working site for a guy or was. Almost got there back in the 80's but it had a locked gate on the road, and didn't feel like cutting a link an adding a lock on the chain.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
short, Kieth coached me by mail while I was in the borderpatrol and introduuced me to his long range front sight whiah made a reliable long range weapon out of a pistol.

You Will notice that yout point of impact is always in clear view, top front sight.dead center and the same most are familiar with, no such thing as a holdover which blanks out your sighting picture

Kieth method of using the froant sight.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I believe that there are 3 VdG mine locations. The one you posted and 2 others. The Bat cave one with the gold and the other Silver mine that was a shaft and not a wide dispersal like your photo. I know where yours is, but will not talk about it as it is a working site for a guy or was. Almost got there back in the 80's but it had a locked gate on the road, and didn't feel like cutting a link an adding a lock on the chain.

Hi audigger

I don't know about another VdG mine , but that which I posted , has not any locked gate close by . Nor someone worked the place . There you could reach the mine from every direction . Is amazing how easy is to get there .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

I have no doubt that more than one VdG mines existed, in fact there are likely more than 3 scattered over Mexico and the southwest due to the Mexican habit of using popular names repeatedly. But a locked gate and a road? While it is likely there was some kind of trail to the mine or at least near it, the presence of a road might be a red flag. Just a personal opinion of course, but based on the fact that when roads are surveyed and laid out, usually a fair examination of the ground is made so that any notable mineral deposits are usually (not always) found.

Real de Tayopa you continue to rub the salt in, making me yet more jealous. I am going to have to flirt with El Tigre the next time we visit so as to try to make YOU jealous! Hmm now wait just a moment there, your AIM might make that a particularly dangerous thing for me to attempt....? Maybe I can talk Loke into standing in front of me? :laughing7:

Marius, have you been to that site where you have shown to be rock crushers? Just curious, and thank you in advance.

Please do continue, but I need to refill the coffee mug right now!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roy

What would make the difference if I was there or not ? Reinforce your Faith ?
I am not a Fame hunter and I have nothing to prove to anybody . We are here just to write our opinions and knowledge . You can take what I write with a great laugh or with serious thoughts .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roy

What would make the difference if I was there or not ? Reinforce your Faith ?
I am not a Fame hunter and I have nothing to prove to anybody . We are here just to write our opinions and knowledge . You can take what I write with a great laugh or with serious thoughts .

Marius, I thought I explained in my previous post, I was merely CURIOUS as to whether you had been to that site or not. If you had I might have then been able to ask some pertinent questions about the site, for unfortunately for me, I can not see the features which you have said are present there. I am not at all sure if I have ever even been there, although I am sure that I have been in that general area some years ago.

So I presume from your curt reply that indeed you have apparently not visited that site as yet or do not wish anyone to know that you have. Either way, I can not ask any definite questions about the site without knowing whether you had been on the ground to examine it in person.

Sorry for any misunderstanding there Marius, I was not trying to trap you into anything at all and will not bother you with any further questions. Please do continue for the sake of our readers whom are not posting.

:coffee2: :coffee:

GreyGhost

Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in the Oro Blancos yesterday metal detecting for white gold nuggets on some club claims that run clear to the border. I've never been down that way before and it was really interesting. Lots of country down there that not too many people have explored. No gold but it was only the first trip. Takes time to get the lay of the land and figure out where it likes to hide.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have no doubt that more than one VdG mines existed, in fact there are likely more than 3 scattered over Mexico and the southwest due to the Mexican habit of using popular names repeatedly. But a locked gate and a road? While it is likely there was some kind of trail to the mine or at least near it, the presence of a road might be a red flag. Just a personal opinion of course, but based on the fact that when roads are surveyed and laid out, usually a fair examination of the ground is made so that any notable mineral deposits are usually (not always) found.

Real de Tayopa you continue to rub the salt in, making me yet more jealous. I am going to have to flirt with El Tigre the next time we visit so as to try to make YOU jealous! Hmm now wait just a moment there, your AIM might make that a particularly dangerous thing for me to attempt....? Maybe I can talk Loke into standing in front of me? :laughing7:

Marius, have you been to that site where you have shown to be rock crushers? Just curious, and thank you in advance.

Please do continue, but I need to refill the coffee mug right now!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

I was talking about Arizona, Arivaca/Ruby area. One was the site worked by Capt.Bill and his Partner. The one with the Gold, and the last by "Juan the Vacerro". The roads in the area there were mainly Ranch Roads, not Mine Roads. It was common for ranchers further up the road to add a lock to the chain locking the gate. At the North end of the road to the Guadalupe's from Aravaipa (different area) we counted 12 locks on the chain for the first gate. Capt told me and then forum that his location was more Pit Mine operation than shafts. That was OK with me as we were looking for a mine shaft operation.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, I thought I explained in my previous post, I was merely CURIOUS as to whether you had been to that site or not. If you had I might have then been able to ask some pertinent questions about the site, for unfortunately for me, I can not see the features which you have said are present there. I am not at all sure if I have ever even been there, although I am sure that I have been in that general area some years ago.

So I presume from your curt reply that indeed you have apparently not visited that site as yet or do not wish anyone to know that you have. Either way, I can not ask any definite questions about the site without knowing whether you had been on the ground to examine it in person.

Sorry for any misunderstanding there Marius, I was not trying to trap you into anything at all and will not bother you with any further questions. Please do continue for the sake of our readers whom are not posting.

:coffee2: :coffee:

Ok , then let's continue !

A GE image of the Pass of Janos ( red lines ) . I believe the mine entrance is visible to the right and little down from the big crusher .

PdJ.jpg

:coffee2::coffee2: and another one for the " humble servant " :coffee2:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now to return to the VdG mine/cache and to a previous question .
Can someone of you imagine why the map maker chose the line between the San Roman water and the VdG mine ?
What make this line so important ?
I will give you the answer after i will read some opinions .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not opinions ? Ok.
This line is the only in the map that points to a true cardinal direction . And if we consider how the line starts from the San Roman water and go to the VdG mine , then the line points to true ... west .

Thanks for your participation . Have a good weekend .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To complete the pictures of the mines , I post an GE image of the Santa Isabel site

Santa Isabel.jpg

and another GE image of the San Pedro site

San Pedro.jpg

Is true how from above ( about 600 yards ) from the San Pedro mine , someone could see Arrivaca to the almost west .

Last edited:

pbroker

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! After all this time, I return to see that this not just still being talked about but that there are 51+ pages on this one, about more than any other thread that I see just scanning through! Sort glad to see that it never died. However...Are the "players" still active in this? Gary Oliver? Is he still around?

I spend a LOT of money on finding the location of the where this is supposed to be. Talked to 100's of people over the last 20 years on it. Spend a year in the desert out there on a dual mission looking for the treasure and mining gold. I was on the old treasurenet before it sold. So long ago I forgot my login name! lol.

I can tell you things about this that are going to really piss people off! Ones that have spend far more than what the original person starting this thread stated of just $90,000! I AM NOT JUST GOING TO TELL YOU THINGS, IM GOING TO THE DISTANCE AND PROVE THEM TO YOU WITH PICTURES THAT I TOOK MYSELF!

I believe I know the location of this treasure if it does exist. I never went in to find out. Was I a master treasure hunter and treasure god that knew everything and decoded the maps and legends to end up with the prize??? HELL NO! lol.

I found it by a combination of things, which included, talking to people that are now long since dead. Being at locations before complete and utter morons destroyed the land markers that others placed there at the time this whole thing started 100's of years ago, and sweating in the desert heat while paying out a ton of money to others yet all of that is absolutely NOTHING compared to being in the right place at the right time and DUMB LUCK!

Most of the things on the map, if the map is even an indicator of anything other than distances, are long since gone. I know one idiot lone that destroyed 3-4 of the major markers because he was so greedy he wanted to make sure no one would ever get the treasure but him. It didn't work out too well for him though lol. However, it would chap his ass to know that he was standing less than 3000 feet from what he was looking for the whole time when one of the markers were taken out of play!
If it wasn't for a man of which I have to leave nameless, showed me a before and after shot of the damage and took me to that location it happened at, I wouldn't have EVER known where is was it or ever even thought of looking there!

I will post more but my main system is being restored after a crash and it holds all the goodies, I'm on a notebook and I hate notebooks! Ever see the Virgin of Guadelupe? If you haven't, I'm going to show it to you!
Remember...You are not looking so much for a "mine" but rather a "mine" that holds treasure. Gold and silver from the surrounding areas. The virgin mine is actually "virgin" of natural occurring gold and silver deposited by nature!

One thing is for certain though...by the time the summer of 2017 is over, the forest service is going to be super pissed at this forum! YES FOLKS...it's 100% located on Forest Service Land! You don't have to trespass on any others property and you don't have to get a mining permit. A treasure trove permit really may not be required either since unless you are planning on destroying federal property by digging, you don't need one. However, when I do show the "door" to this location, a super large rock is going to need to be moved. One that was put there intentionally of course. You would never see in 100 years if you were looking right at it (and I was!).

Anyway, more later...Bye!

pbroker

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pbroker

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, there were never any minerals in the virgin mine. It's only purpose was to hide the gold/silver from the King. The priests were keeping it for themselves and killed A LOT of people to make sure the secret stayed buried. They were expecting to come back for it but that didn't quite work out for them. Smaller caches of gold and silver bars have been found and are documented so close to the Highway 19 that you can throw a rock to the road if you had a really good arm! Smaller caches being a mere 10-25 millions dollars worth not more! Around 25 square feet worth of bars in each location! The Tumacacori area does not have minerals like that. It has huge amounts of "Blue Ice" (Arizona Opal) and lots of other goodies like walls of Amethyst which I was amazed when I saw but no gold and no silver. All that's there was brought there by greedy little priests trying to hide from giving up the royal 5th and the church and to keep for themselves!

pbroker

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhhh someone that seems to know what's going on once again! That's right! The Mission was moved numerous times and it wasn't even on the side of the river it stands on now! lol. I was planning on acting on this stuff and when I found it, I meant to get back and take it. However...Riches come in other forms and this one was put on the back burner. The only way I would go and do this is if someone other than I was paying this time. To find this I employed a crew, not people that were friends. And outfitting them with everything they could ever need. In the end, I was the one who found it with a good portion of dumb luck. However...it's still sitting there. This is for certain! Beat me to opening it up and save me time, trouble, energy, and I will still be happy just reading about how you found it! I will say one thing so far....NO ONE THAT HAS POSTED ANYTHING I HAVE READ IN THE LAST 30 PAGES OF THIS THREAD HAS COME CLOSE TO IT! Well. you could be on top of it but you would NEVER know it! However all the ideas, drawings, locked gates, and all that, NOPE! Not even close.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ohhhh someone that seems to know what's going on once again! That's right! The Mission was moved numerous times and it wasn't even on the side of the river it stands on now! lol. I was planning on acting on this stuff and when I found it, I meant to get back and take it. However...Riches come in other forms and this one was put on the back burner. The only way I would go and do this is if someone other than I was paying this time. To find this I employed a crew, not people that were friends. And outfitting them with everything they could ever need. In the end, I was the one who found it with a good portion of dumb luck. However...it's still sitting there. This is for certain! Beat me to opening it up and save me time, trouble, energy, and I will still be happy just reading about how you found it! I will say one thing so far....NO ONE THAT HAS POSTED ANYTHING I HAVE READ IN THE LAST 30 PAGES OF THIS THREAD HAS COME CLOSE TO IT! Well. you could be on top of it but you would NEVER know it! However all the ideas, drawings, locked gates, and all that, NOPE! Not even close.

pbroker,

I believe the mission was, originally, on the east side of the river. It was more of a Visita, rather than a mission......proper.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread