What's new

TWICE IN A LIFETIME FIND...8 REALE!!!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This in one of those "I was on my way back to the car" finds!! I decided to duck out of work a little early today and hit a field nearby where I had recently obtained permission. There was really nothing to lead me to believe that something was there but it looked like a good area. I had hunted for a couple hours with only a single musketball to show for it. There wasn't a lot of trash on the site so I wasn't really digging much either. I decided I was going to head back to the car and try another field which had just been cut (very early hay crop). I was on my way back to the car when I got a 92 on the F75. I swung by the hole a couple times and it stayed on a steady 92...never had a 92 before...I thought it must be a can or something...same thing I thought the last time I dug A FRIGGING 8 REALE!!!!

I popped the plug and there it was! I knew what it was instantly! I did not have my camera with me but I did have my cell phone so I snapped a couple quick insitus with the camera phone and a quick movie on the way home in the car. I kept the caked on dirt on the coin until I got home because I didn't want to risk scratching it.

A Mexico mint 1774 8 reale...without a huge distracting scar like the last 8 reale I dug! I was so excited on the field that I tried calling Mel, Andy and Iron Patch but I could not connect through 411 and I didn't have a pen to write down the numbers...I actually tried remembering the numbers but I couldn't concentrate...just too excited. I know I should have stayed and continued on with the field but when I am this stoked I can't concentrate on anything. Plus I want to keep it pure for a couple fellow detectorists...there are several who will be getting the invite...
 

Attachments

  • 8realedirt.webp
    8realedirt.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 5,429
  • 8realedirt2.webp
    8realedirt2.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 5,419
  • 8reale.webp
    8reale.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 5,385
  • 8reale2.webp
    8reale2.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 5,391
Upvote 4
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
Yeah, why bother with all those small pathetic reales that aren't even worth digging up. ::)

I've got the notion to cross that bridge and grab me a Dirtyville reale...I would love to find a half!

They've actually started cutting the hay over here...really early!



If you do I hope you snap me out of my 3 hunt slump. There has to be a good field on the way.
 
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
Yeah, why bother with all those small pathetic reales that aren't even worth digging up. ::)

I've got the notion to cross that bridge and grab me a Dirtyville reale...I would love to find a half!

They've actually started cutting the hay over here...really early!



If you do I hope you snap me out of my 3 hunt slump. There has to be a good field on the way.


Theres's always a place to hunt here, not really worried about that. Just need some luck on a field or maybe just one real good dig.
 
oh yeah, I'll make that damn banner this year if it kills me. :D
 
Believe it or not I have yet to get back to this spot. I'm not holding my breath though as I had hunted two hours before calling it quits and finding this on the was back to the car. I will of course get back there but I won't be able to until at least next Sunday. :'(
 
Wow so thats why I trek through the woods week after week!!! Man that is a beautiful coin. Both of them are just a dream come true.
 
Gotta love them fields!!! Two great coins you have there.............Very nice :o

John
 
Too sweet! She's a beauty!!!!!! Congrats :thumbsup:

Baldingboy
 
absolutely awesome congrats and continued good luck
 
Just a fun shot...
 

Attachments

  • reales.webp
    reales.webp
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,617
awesome finds, i dunno if u put the marks on those, but be carefull with that shovel, way cool!!!!!!
 
Absolutely outstanding!
 
chong2 said:
awesome finds, i dunno if u put the marks on those, but be carefull with that shovel, way cool!!!!!!

I put the mark on the 1798 but the 1774 was marked when it was dug.
 
rtde3 said:
UN-REALE!!! That's the stuff dreams are made of! Good Job Man!

Thanks...congrats again on your gold coin!
 
Romeo,
Just catching up here on TN. Congrats on a fantastic banner find. TWO 8 reales is unbelievable!!! :thumbsup: :icon_king:
You da Man!
-MM-
 
Awesome Condition !!!! Congrats on a spectacular find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Dave
 
Heading back there this weekend with a chum...hoping for a Spanish pocket spill!
 
oops...mispost...
 
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great find---it dont get any better then that
 
whitesPA said:
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great find---it dont get any better then that

Thanks for that...I have gone back to this site a few times and have come up empty, with the exception of a couple numbered Enfields, every time. I guess this was just one of those flukes...some poor sap heading into town only to arrive and realize he lost his year's salary on the way...or something like that!
 
I don't think you live in Kansas. do you! That is a grate find! There is hope for the rest of us. Some times at outdoor flea markets people selling coins and tokens loose one or two.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom