Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it. Nice suggestion. Don't know how they would do that though, with the space I mean. :thumbsup:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
I think your just being greedy :D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I don't see the need for 2 banners or multiple banners when the current banner shows multiple types of finds now. Seen Gold and Silver coins, Nickels, copper Penny's, gold rings, arrowheads, bottles, jugs, swords, iron, artifacts of multiple wars, copper artifacts, fossils and more on it now.

If Marc adds one for coins, another type of hunters will feel cited and want one for their speciality as well....... Just more work and more headaches for Marc which he doesn't need.......

One we have now is working great in my opinion..........

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:

There would only be two...and can only be two, in the UK on data bases there are two catagories, one for Coins and one for Artifacts.

Artifacts cover everthing dug, none Coinage...simple :)

SS

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

There would only be two...and can only be two, in the UK on data bases there are two catagories, one for Coins and one for Artifacts.

Artifacts cover everthing dug, none Coinage...simple :)

SS
I like the idea. There is only one problem.....T-Net is not in the UK.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know you say only two, but who is to say other hunters wouldn't feel cited and want a seperate banner for their style.

Current one covers all the catagories, and which already includes coinage..... :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver, no need to get offended, you asked what others thought. I just personally dont see the need since the current one covers all catogories, including coinage.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Silver, no need to get offended, you asked what others thought. I just personally dont see the need since the current one covers all catogories, including coinage.
At this current time, I can see 16 pictures on the Banner, on my screen, 10 of them are Coins, I just thought it might give the Relic hunters more chance of making the Banner.

SS

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
At this current time, I can see 16 pictures on the Banner, on my screen, 10 of them are Coins, I just thought it might give the Relic hunters more chance of making the Banner.

SS
I made the banner 3 times with 2 coins and a relic. So I guess I'm satisfied with the way it is. Sorry Searcher.......I've changed my mind, as the majority seems to rule. I did think it was a good suggestion though. :)

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
There have been 2 gold coins found this week, 1 got on the banner and the other hasn't, but should have...I think :-\

Maybe this would be a good idea for these situations :icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you click on the "Recent Discoveries By Our Members!" at the top of the banner, you can see every item listed on the banner for the last 3 years.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think SS has a valid point. Many historically significant artifacts have been posted that have not made the banner.

I know that most people would rather see coins, that is probably why.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think any historically significant artifacts have missed being posted on the banner because of coins posted. There is a button on the side for members to vote if they feel a find is worthy of banner. I have seen many finds I thought were nice finds, but I did not click banner because I personally didn't feel it was worthy of the banner.

I see more historical significance in an old coin then in a rusted trigger guard or piece to a flintlock. The entire flintlock for sure, but a tiny piece to me not so much. I am not even a coin shooter, I prefer hunting jewelry at the beach so it's not like I favor coins either..

I see no need for a separate banner for coins, and still feel it would cause some to feel cited. Nice jewelry finds are not artifacts, yet would be left with the artifact banner. Why should coins have a separate banner and not jewelry, Indian artifacts, civil war artifacts and so on. One banner for all fits better in my opinion.....

I think too many people see the banner as a status symbol, it should be about the find, not about getting your name on the banner.

If I see someone campaining for their find to be placed on the banner or asking if it is a banner find, that automatically turns me off of clicking the banner button,to me it tells me they are more interested in seeing their name there then the find................

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quess I should have worded it a little different. There are people who wouldn't realize an important artifact if it bit them in the a$$. Thus would never get a banner vote.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it. Two is always better than one, except maybe kicks in the .....behind. Monty

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I don't think any historically significant artifacts have missed being posted on the banner because of coins posted. There is a button on the side for members to vote if they feel a find is worthy of banner. I have seen many finds I thought were nice finds, but I did not click banner because I personally didn't feel it was worthy of the banner.

I see more historical significance in an old coin then in a rusted trigger guard or piece to a flintlock. The entire flintlock for sure, but a tiny piece to me not so much. I am not even a coin shooter, I prefer hunting jewelry at the beach so it's not like I favor coins either..

I see no need for a separate banner for coins, and still feel it would cause some to feel cited. Nice jewelry finds are not artifacts, yet would be left with the artifact banner. Why should coins have a separate banner and not jewelry, Indian artifacts, civil war artifacts and so on. One banner for all fits better in my opinion.....

I think too many people see the banner as a status symbol, it should be about the find, not about getting your name on the banner.

If I see someone campaining for their find to be placed on the banner or asking if it is a banner find, that automatically turns me off of clicking the banner button,to me it tells me they are more interested in seeing their name there then the find................
I don't think a relic has to be Historically signifigant, to make the Banner, coins don't :icon_scratch: having two Banners just means we would see more great finds at the top of the page :thumbsup:

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

I don't think a relic has to be Historically signifigant, to make the Banner, coins don't :icon_scratch: having two Banners just means we would see more great finds at the top of the page :thumbsup:

SS

No reason to single out just coins then, a banner just for jewelry, one just for indian artifacts, one just for bottles, and one just for iron would only be fair.... 5 or 6 banners just means that many more finds at the top of the page.....

Make the additional banners for charter members only and part of their profile setup so members can pick which banners they see and how many banners they see at the top of their screen.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coins, Tokens and Jettons, they would fit into the Coin category. All the outhers you mentined would fit into the relics category anyway...so only two needed.

I respect your opinion Treasure Hunter, but if it's not your cup of tea, no matter :)

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS,

I do not understand your reason for dedicating a banner just for coins. How does say a diamond ring made in 2008, and found on a beach in 2009 fall under a banner for relics?

What is the purpose for just a banner for coins, and grouping all the others together?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread