UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
SS,

I do not understand your reason for dedicating a banner just for coins. How does say a diamond ring made in 2008, and found on a beach in 2009 fall under a banner for relics?

What is the purpose for just a banner for coins, and grouping all the others together?
It's fairly obvious you don't like the idea :-\ fair enough, as for modern finds, I personely don't think they belong on the Banner :P I would hardly class them as Treasure :) expensive jewelry they may be.....but Treasure no, I know people won't agree, but to me a relic should be something over 100 years old. So as to answer that part of your question ..no it doesn't.

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
It's fairly obvious you don't like the idea :-\ fair enough, as for modern finds, I personely don't think they belong on the Banner :P I would hardly class them as Treasure :) expensive jewelry they may be.....but Treasure no, I know people won't agree, but to me a relic should be something over 100 years old. So as to answer that part of your question ..no it doesn't.
SS

Yes I am against establishing a separate banner for just coins, which singles coins out over other treasures found by members as being more worthy, hence its own separate banner. TN banner reads "Recent Discoveries by Treasure Members"; it isn't titled "Relics".

That is where we disagree, a very nice ring found by a member of Treasure Net, is just as worthy for being on the banner as a batch of silver coins found by CRH, and so on. How is a $2000 value ring found with metal detector hunting in the water or land less of a "treasure" then a $100 value coin that was in the ground for 100 years?

How is it that a valuable piece of jewelry that is found by a member is not a treasure when it fits the definition of treasure. ………….
1. Accumulated or stored wealth in the form of money, jewels, or other valuables.
2. Valuable or precious possessions of any kind.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh heck, just leave it alone. It's great the way it is. Most of us aren't here to for praise anyway......I don't think? Monty

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Oh heck, just leave it alone. It's great the way it is. Most of us aren't here to for praise anyway......I don't think? Monty
Your right Monty :) wish I hadn't started this thread :( but some people like to make a mountain out of a mole hill ::)

SS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Monty said:
Your right Monty :) wish I hadn't started this thread :( but some people like to make a mountain out of a mole hill ::)

SS

SS, not sure why you feel my disagreeing with you means I am making "a mountain out of a molehill" since all I did was counter your reasons for the coin banner with my reasons against it. I am simply against singling out one type of find over another as being more worthy of its own seperate banner, which a coin banner would do.

No offense was ever meant to be directed at you........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread