What's new

Two boxes = one 40% silver coin

ringding

Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
692
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I got two boxes and only found one 40% silver kennedy. I did get some 2002+ though.

Almost all of them had a purple dot on them. Anyone here do that?
 
Upvote 0
Ringding, the last purple dot I had anything to do with was about twenty years ago, but that is quite another story. Anyhow, I believe you were to pick up some Ikes a few weeks ago, and was wondering what ya found?? HH, Gpurs...
 
GPURS said:
Ringding, the last purple dot I had anything to do with was about twenty years ago, but that is quite another story.


8) 8) 8)
 
LOL! One 40% still is better than the two boxes of solid bran new 1997 half's I picked up last week or so ago! ;) ::)

Red Thunder
 
ouch! Its better than nothing...but ouch. Hopefully after xmas there will be more neat stuff in the rolls, all that xmas money being turned in...and think of the stuff dropped into the salvation army tubs. They must get all kinds of things in there, and it gets deposited somewhere!
 
My two boxes yesterday only had 4 40%ers in it...not much better. Pickins are low around here.
 
Wait until Western and Eastern Treasure comes out with their article about Coin Roll Hunting and the rest of the world discovers this little secret. :-)

I think boxes will get harder to come by, but maybe they'll get down to the GOOD stuff that is at the bottom of the bin.
 
jrf30 said:
Wait until Western and Eastern Treasure comes out with their article about Coin Roll Hunting and the rest of the world discovers this little secret. :-)
Actually I think they did do that story. I vaguely remember reading (in print) something about that. I think it was over a year ago because one of the members in my MD club innocently asked me if people ever find silver (like we do) and I honestly said I don't know. I think he mentioned the article which I read. Some monthly publication (might not have been W&E) had it in the story and it had something to do with what to do during the long winter snows. That is all I can remember.

But I do remember that because of that conversation I got started in this hobby.

I just looked at my first post here. I have been CRHing for one year. I really need to update my tag line below, that is a few months ago.



Lets still try and keep it quiet. OK?
 
jrf30 said:
Wait until Western and Eastern Treasure comes out with their article about Coin Roll Hunting and the rest of the world discovers this little secret. :-)

I think boxes will get harder to come by, but maybe they'll get down to the GOOD stuff that is at the bottom of the bin.

Actually I read an article about 1 year ago in one of the coin magazines and it specifically mentioned half dollars as being able to still find silver in rolls from the bank.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom