Two Colonials

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Another Saturday hunt provided nicely for the 3 detectateers. They finally harvested the soybean fields so we had our work cut out for us. It wasn't 20 minutes into the hunt and I got a penny dime analog reading which seems to be a sweet spot for colonial signals. A decent K.G. III copper. After three buttons and about 2 more hrs. of swinging I got another identicle reading at 4 inches. K.G. II Copper. Another good saturday for me . That makes about 10 weeks in a row I found at least one form of copper or another. Once again I say "I'm on a roll". Thanks to each and everyone who reads this post.
Chris

Attachments

• PIC00001.jpg
    PIC00001.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
Your on a copper roll :thumbsup:

Is that all you find Colonial Coppers??? ;D :thumbsup:

Two more for the copper total. Congrats Chris. :thumbsup:

Rob

Chris...nice digs my colonial diggin' friend. You have been dubbed "The coppa" killer" :thumbsup:
Congrats buddy :thumbsup:

Coppa Killer Chris Scores Again!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Man, I wish I could see more detail on those Oldies!!

Keep the streak going, buddy!!

Nice Job!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

silverfreak said:
Chris...nice digs my colonial diggin' friend. You have been dubbed "The coppa" killer" :thumbsup:
Congrats buddy :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy. I know I go by silver zeus and all but it seems to me that I do dig alot of coppers. I am dying to find my third real for the year. Spanish silver sure is one of the sweetest. :thumbsup:
Chris

Captn_SE said:
Coppa Killer Chris Scores Again!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Man, I wish I could see more detail on those Oldies!!

Keep the streak going, buddy!!

Nice Job!!

CAPTN SE
Dan
Capn ole buddy.....I apreciate the accolades my man. The detail just isn't there my friend . These Pennsylvania old farm field coppers have taken it tough with the chemicals,fertilizer and acid rain. I do wish they were in better shape but beggars can't be choosers. :-\ :) :D ;D :thumbsup:
Chris

Damn shame about the condition of the coin's Chris,I still haven't found a Big Penny with a readable date yet.Nice Dig's!!! :thumbsup:

Chris, at least your quantity of finds is giving you a stellar year. So far this year I also have a stellar year, thanks to several outings in the late winter early spring and my season is just starting again shortly. My year has been similar to yours, in that for some reason, my finds this year for the most part have not been coins of quality. I actually prefer to get fewer coppers if it means the quality of them is higher. :-\

My son has had a stellar year also, his finds have not been quite as old as he is used to but at least some were of good detail. Yesterday was his first hunt since early June I think, and he stopped by the house on the way home and showed me his find. One large, thick, copper. I looked at it and knew the chances of it being decent after cleaning were slim to none. He said he would email me later with what it is.
The email I received later was, TOAST :( We find very few coins that we can never ID to what the coin was, I am hoping he does see something at least to make a good guesstimate at least, right now, due to previous finds over the years, it is looking like it was a Draped Bust Large Cent, since it was not as thick as the earlier year Large Cents......... Oh well, maybe his next copper will be one like Neil just recently found. :)

Don

Nice work, Zeus!

Seems like you guys have been hitting the coppers and we've been hitting the old silvers lately. I'm not complaining, though. :)

Did you skunk the boys again?

-Buck

Fantastic finds Kolonial King!!! :thumbsup: I can't even fathom finding that many old copper coins.
Congrats,
Doug

civilman1 said:
Damn shame about the condition of the coin's Chris,I still haven't found a Big Penny with a readable date yet.Nice Dig's!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks civilman...Actually the KG III is in better shape than the II.
Chris

Don in SJ said:
Chris, at least your quantity of finds is giving you a stellar year. So far this year I also have a stellar year, thanks to several outings in the late winter early spring and my season is just starting again shortly. My year has been similar to yours, in that for some reason, my finds this year for the most part have not been coins of quality. I actually prefer to get fewer coppers if it means the quality of them is higher. :-\

My son has had a stellar year also, his finds have not been quite as old as he is used to but at least some were of good detail. Yesterday was his first hunt since early June I think, and he stopped by the house on the way home and showed me his find. One large, thick, copper. I looked at it and knew the chances of it being decent after cleaning were slim to none. He said he would email me later with what it is.
The email I received later was, TOAST :( We find very few coins that we can never ID to what the coin was, I am hoping he does see something at least to make a good guesstimate at least, right now, due to previous finds over the years, it is looking like it was a Draped Bust Large Cent, since it was not as thick as the earlier year Large Cents......... Oh well, maybe his next copper will be one like Neil just recently found. :)

Don
Thanks Don...I'm with you on the quality issue but lately it seems that I am forcing myself to be content if I can identify it at least. Very seldom do I get enough detail for a date on my colonials.
Chris

BuckleBoy said:
Nice work, Zeus!

Seems like you guys have been hitting the coppers and we've been hitting the old silvers lately. I'm not complaining, though. :)

Did you skunk the boys again?

-Buck
Thanks Buck..I did see the Kreuzer and havent had alot of time to respond to everyones post that i'd like to. That sure is a special find ,especially seeing that it was made into a necklace and worn by the homesick pioneer. VERY COOL. :thumbsup:
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back