What's new

Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

I'm still pulling some silver but the ratio bites. I finished the last box early today so I went cash in & while there decided to try a dime of dimes for a little change of pace.

I have never really searched dimes other than peeking over the counter at the tellers tray...found only one that way. I found three in this box I picked up. It was pretty fun....different. They are so darn small after handling the halves for so long. About 5 or 6 times I had dimes all over the kitchen floor...lol.

Back to the halves.....all of the boxes I am getting now are dated 7/12/07 and I am still finding my marked coins in these boxes. I am finding about 6-7 silver halves per box. I have ordered & checked boxes 20 miles north and 20 miles south.....not good. I think I will try some boxes to the west....hopefully out of this same distribution area. We'll see....can only keep trying.........

1-64
5-65's
11-66's
12-67's
11-68's
11-69's
3 Dimes - 52, 56 & 64

54 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P6270023.webp
    P6270023.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 308
  • P6270025.webp
    P6270025.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

love to see your post, hope next week is good week for silver


HCRH tommyd
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

lejeuene said:
I'm still pulling some silver but the ratio bites. I finished the last box early today so I went cash in & while there decided to try a dime of dimes for a little change of pace.

Is a dime of dimes a box or a bag? If it was a bag how much. I've heard of banks bagging them in 500 and 1000. If it was a box 3 sounds great. I think I've done 6 boxes and find one every other box it seems. If wasn't so easy to search the clear wrappers I would give up on them. >:(

51 silvers out of 7 boxes doesn't exactly suck but after what you have pulled it was bound to slow down sooner or latter.

Good Luck finding a new source. Maybe your lucky and on the edge of one and can pull from one and dump in the other. I seem to be stuck buying brinks which is still producing some but not like when I started. I know how you must feel seeing those same coins again even when some new silver has been mixed in. I have gotten some really strange halves that I can easily identify at least three times.

I would think about dumping elsewhere but it seems when they run low I get the 5x10x1 boxes marked CWI #94 and they are 99.9% 97D's
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

soldierman said:
lejeuene said:
I'm still pulling some silver but the ratio bites. I finished the last box early today so I went cash in & while there decided to try a dime of dimes for a little change of pace.

Is a dime of dimes a box or a bag? If it was a bag how much. I've heard of banks bagging them in 500 and 1000. If it was a box 3 sounds great. I think I've done 6 boxes and find one every other box it seems. If wasn't so easy to search the clear wrappers I would give up on them. >:(

51 silvers out of 7 boxes doesn't exactly suck but after what you have pulled it was bound to slow down sooner or latter.

Good Luck finding a new source. Maybe your lucky and on the edge of one and can pull from one and dump in the other. I seem to be stuck buying brinks which is still producing some but not like when I started. I know how you must feel seeing those same coins again even when some new silver has been mixed in. I have gotten some really strange halves that I can easily identify at least three times.

I would think about dumping elsewhere but it seems when they run low I get the 5x10x1 boxes marked CWI #94 and they are 99.9% 97D's

Oops....sorry SM. I meant a box of dimes which is $250.

Yeah that would be sweet to pull from one & dumping in the other. I'll get it figured out sooner or later.

That CWI number on my boxes has me somewhat confused. Both new areas I checked to the north of me and also to the south of me have CWI#97. My local boxes (right in the middle of the two north & south areas) have CWI#96. I don't understand this. Things that make you go hmmmmm ???
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

I have checked a pretty good radius all around me and I think I am just starting to figure out where the good ones are. Hopefully I can pull half the silver halves out that you've done. I think dimes would be alot of fun also. I was going to check for the missing P mintmark for the 82 when I did them but 100.00 of tiny little dimes just got too boring and didn't figure I would find it anyways. Keep up the good work!
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

I forgot to post this picture of a British coin I found today in one of my rolls. At first glance from the edge, I thought it was a nut for a bolt due to the sides and not being round.
 

Attachments

  • P6270027.webp
    P6270027.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 282
  • P6270028.webp
    P6270028.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 294
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

I drew a crude sketch to show how you might be on the boarder of different sources and get the same boxes from the north and south. It might be wrong or it might be right. Go to the east and west the next town over for a couple of boxes at each one and you should be able to figure it out.
 

Attachments

  • lulu.webp
    lulu.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 264
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

Nice LJ glad to see you getting them still, even though not as many as your use to! LOL In Chicago all my halves come from cwi #04 The july 11 boxes were pretty good as well as july 5.

As for dimes in the 500 dollar bags I have been averaging 2 silver per 5000 coin bag.

Happy cracking.
Chicago Ron
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

Welcome to my world LJ! 6-7 per box is about the same average I get. I'm always looking for a new source to better the odds. Good luck!

Mark
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

You know those good boxes I had last week did
have "Hold for LJ" on the top.... I just thought it
was a coincidence.......nothing more. ;)
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

You've swept the area clean of big silver!
Quite an achievement!

Have you gone to the Loomis and Brinks websites to see their locations?

Good luck on your future boxes!
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

soldierman said:
I drew a crude sketch to show how you might be on the boarder of different sources and get the same boxes from the north and south. It might be wrong or it might be right. Go to the east and west the next town over for a couple of boxes at each one and you should be able to figure it out.

Thanks SM. That may be exactly what the deal is. I will put the theory to the test. Now I will go east and west and see what the results will be. More to come in a week or so on this.

SoCalMark said:
Welcome to my world LJ! 6-7 per box is about the same average I get. I'm always looking for a new source to better the odds. Good luck!

Mark

Thanks SCM. Like I always have said....you just have to keep plugging. We have to try something different right. That is part of the fun with this hobby.....the hunt!

kickstart said:
You know those good boxes I had last week did
have "Hold for LJ" on the top.... I just thought it
was a coincidence.......nothing more. ;)

Your too funny KS......now how did my boxes make their way to your territory ??? I want it back.....ha! :'( You know one of my boxes yesterday has "KS" on it on it. Was that one meant for you possibly?

TXTim said:
You've swept the area clean of big silver!
Quite an achievement!

Have you gone to the Loomis and Brinks websites to see their locations?

Good luck on your future boxes!

No I haven't Tim but I will snoop a little bit. Thanks for the information.

Chicago Ron said:
Nice LJ glad to see you getting them still, even though not as many as your use to! LOL In Chicago all my halves come from cwi #04 The july 11 boxes were pretty good as well as july 5.

As for dimes in the 500 dollar bags I have been averaging 2 silver per 5000 coin bag.

Happy cracking.
Chicago Ron

Thanks CR. I guess finding three in a box was pretty good. Maybe beginners luck. I probably will try another box soon. All I did was check the edges so it didn't really take too long.

halfhunt said:
I have checked a pretty good radius all around me and I think I am just starting to figure out where the good ones are. Hopefully I can pull half the silver halves out that you've done. I think dimes would be alot of fun also. I was going to check for the missing P mintmark for the 82 when I did them but 100.00 of tiny little dimes just got too boring and didn't figure I would find it anyways. Keep up the good work!

I am going to do like you and check a nice radius around me too. Also, like you I can't look at every date and mintmark on the dimes....just too small. I was just looking for silver only. Although it would be nice to find one of those "W" mintmarks like FB did a week or so ago.
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

halfhunt said:
I have checked a pretty good radius all around me and I think I am just starting to figure out where the good ones are. Hopefully I can pull half the silver halves out that you've done. I think dimes would be alot of fun also. I was going to check for the missing P mintmark for the 82 when I did them but 100.00 of tiny little dimes just got too boring and didn't figure I would find it anyways. Keep up the good work!

You can also look for the 1996 W (West Point only in special sets) if that makes it more interesting. ;)
 
Re: Two Days & 7 Boxes.....

lejeuene said:
I think I will try some boxes to the west....
Don't go to far west. We'll take care of cleaning out Cali......LOL ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom