Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if I could just dig one up....

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ? : I dont go inside many banks at all so what is a reject tray ? Is it like a coin star type of machine inside a bank branch ? thx for any answer

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ? : I dont go inside many banks at all so what is a reject tray ? Is it like a coin star type of machine inside a bank branch ? thx for any answer

Yea its exactly the same concept...ive found alot of foreign coins and a couple rosies at them before

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the people that dump their change in these machines are too stupid to check the trays then? I'm curious because the first ever coin counting machine has just become available for public use in my town. I'll have to go check it out and see if it has a reject tray. I actually now realize that if people are too dumb to know if they are dumping silver coins they are probably too dumb to check the reject tray. Is there a fee in the US for using these machines.

JHof88

Jan 13, 2013
Lol I checked a coin star at Wally World today and there was nothing in the reject tray, but there was .60 in the top tray.... That may answer the to stupid to look question or in to big a rush may be the more likely answer for some.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I seen a nifty metal device on this site to assist in reject tray finds. Looks like a coat hangar, anyone got the pic still?

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a device - you just take the coin out of the reject tray with your hand. People leave stuff in reject trays all the time. Tonight I found a '44 steel cent. People even leave coins on top of the machine or throw them in the trash nearby.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a device - you just take the coin out of the reject tray with your hand. People leave stuff in reject trays all the time. Tonight I found a '44 steel cent. People even leave coins on top of the machine or throw them in the trash nearby.

1943 cent??

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, my mistake. A '43 cent. Second one in the wild for me.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aha. All my silver reject tray scores have been in the reject tray of a bank coin machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread