What's new

UNBELIEVABLE FIND LOOK AT THE 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF!!!

outraged

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
531
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Unbelievable that is the first thing that came to mind when I found out my field has been mowed...I have been waiting for this moment for months...Driving by every day!!! Well today I got the call...It has been MOWED!!!! No way I said.....Yes way dude....I am on my way!!! And that is how it all started. I met my buddy John at the field and we decided to work around the area we parked. I usually park 100 feet further up the road so I had never hit this area....My first signal.....And what a signal........Now anyone who uses a Whites XLT knows if you get a +89 signal that does not waiver....You dig very carefully....I took my time pinpointing this target....5" deep....Well After getting down 5 inches I was still hitting a strong+89......Oh boy....I am telling you people....I had goosebumps....I still do....But there was a problem.....My target was not in the center of the hole like my trusty Whites XLT told me....Nor was it 5"s deep...It was on the side of the hole...at a HALF inch!!!! OMG I scratched it.....Poor John....He must have thought I was insane...I was running across the field on a dead run.....Screaming punch me in the face...I ruined it....What he was thinking......Until I opened my hand.... And there it was.............OMG A 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF DOLLAR!!!! Well let me tell you....I am not sure IF I scratched her or if she was hit by the plow...All I know is she was hit....A HEART BREAKING thing...I almost puked on the spot...I hope this does kill the value....I also found this button...It has a girl scout type symbol with GS on the top an some type of bird in the symbol....And this worn big time...coppa. My buddy found a 1787 NJ copper in very nice shape....I would tell you more but I really want to post this....I must go puke now...sigh... ;D
 

Attachments

  • draped.webp
    draped.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 6,763
  • backdraped.webp
    backdraped.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 7,010
  • edge.webp
    edge.webp
    5.1 KB · Views: 6,319
  • button.webp
    button.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 6,264
  • coppa.webp
    coppa.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 6,230
Upvote 2
Just Fantastic...........what else is there to say! Congrats!!!

There is no better feeling in this hobby....Then the thrill of

finding those special pieces of History. Great Job!!! :o

The Seeker
 
WOW WOW WOW!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! That's a very exciting find ~ a find of a life time! Congratulations!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! NICE!!!!
 
Kick arse find to say the least ;)

OutRaged, I have to share with everyone what you said on the phone when you called me...

"Today is the best and worst day I've had metal detecting... I found a flowing hair silver... and I spiked it! When you get here I'll be in the road... run me over with your Jeep!"

:D ;D ::)

Too funny!

I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to be on agreement that you didn't spike it :)

Way to go, making my 1787 New Jersey Copper pale in comparison ;D

Of course a coin like that tends to do that to any coin found the same day :D

Here's a quick couple of pics of my 220 year old copper (found at the same site) if anybody even cares ::)

NJC1.jpg


NJC2.jpg


Again,

Congrats on the killa find OutRaged!

Nickel_B
 
Nice old coppa, Nic! I found one this year, but it isn't as nice as yours. Get back to that site! :)
 
KirkPA said:
Nice old coppa, Nic! I found one this year, but it isn't as nice as yours. Get back to that site! :)

Thanx Man!

I elected to go to work today :-[

I'm heading right down to that site with OutRaged right after work!

He's been there all morning and has been calling to update me on every cool find they dig!

But I won't let the cat out of the bag... Wait till you hear whatelse they have dug today!!!

Nickel_B
 
Detttaaaiiiils? hahaha Draped? OMG! You guys kick a$$!

A Milled dollar? hahaha

Hints...pleasssse.
 
Homerun, now round the bases and take a curtin call.
 
wow! :o :o outstanding find!
 
KirkPA said:
Hmmmm.....a Flowing Hair dollar? hahaha

A $10 Draped Bust gold maybe?? Can't wait to see what else he found. Heck, this is better than watching any movie...how about a live video cam feed?? LOL

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 

Attachments

  • 1799_drapedBust_10dollar.webp
    1799_drapedBust_10dollar.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 4,398
Congratulations Outraged. That is one very stunning find. I hope you continued success in that field. Surely there is another find or 2 there hopefully? Hope so.

Rev
 
Definitely scratched on the reverse at the bottom. The small scrapes on the front appear old, but the back is fresh.

Fantastic coin! The damage makes me sick too.

Regards,

Buckleboy
 
I am still smiling at the computer screen, bud! I want to truly thank you for that, too! :-* :-*
 
WOW... freaking... WOW!! 1/2".. that's just not right!!! ;-)

You ARE keeping that??? right???

Great digging!!!!!
 
I still haven't broke into the 1800's yet.....Unbelievable find!!!Congratulation's.
 
On the entire forum, I am the most excited for you, bud...hence, my billion responses. hahaha :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom