uncomfortable with my minelab,going with at pro

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just wondering if anyone has had this issue.I have been swinging an xterra 505 for couple of years now,but I haven't been able to swing a lot but have at least 100 hours on it.My problem is I cant get comfortable with it it.I cant seem to put my finger on why im not comfortable with it I just am not.Have done a lot of research on at pro and I am ordering one in a couple of weeks.Just from research ive done I just feel like I can get comfortable with it....Now just wondering if anyone else here bought there at pro or any other detector for the same reason.......PS my xterra is working properly....thanks for any input....Barry

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you not comfortable with the machine when you hold and swing it or are you not comfortable with the operation of the machine?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't buy my AT Pro for that reason but I have traded off other detectors that I just didn't get along with. If you're not happy with something...move on (provided you have enough time in to give a fair critique).
No sense in staying w/something that doesn't work for ya.

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swinging it is fine...I just don't seem to be able to become one with it if u know what I mean.I cant seem grasp completely the controls..the sounds..just everything about it but the ergonomics.Im not a pro swinger but im not a novice either.I have a f2 and a BH 505 that I have less time swinging but I have more confidence in those machines. Lol..maybe its just me...don't know what it is...kind of like dating a beautiful woman,shes great...but u just cant get comfortable or get along with her...lmao...(sorry ladies for that analogy)

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to remember that one, naw; I'll forget it by the time I walk to the kitchen; I'm old. LOL!

I know what you are saying. My neighbor, who is 75 loves to go MD with me, I am in my sixties, I told his wife to get him a machine. Honestly, I think he is intimidated by all the buttons and watching me moving my thumb and changing settings as I go. I keep telling him he doesn't have to do any of that but he doesn't buy it. I find stuff whenever we hunt, and yes I let him use my machine but I can tell he isn't comfortable at all with it. Overwhelmed is what I will call it. For me the AT Pro just works, I understand it, and enjoy hearing the ping. Every hunt is Christmas for me, I love digging relics.

I hunted my neighbor's grandmothers farm house, now remember he is 75, and this was his Grandmother's property, we found a beautiful thimble right where the back door would have been. My friend was so excited knowing his grandmother used it all those years ago, and it was beautiful. I don't have it to take a picture, I let him keep everything we found there; it was just the right thing to do, the enjoyment I got when we dug a treasure was all I needed to make the hunt work for me.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The X505 and AT Pro are great detectors for the price. It's a little like Fords and Chevys, we all have preferences. I used to use a X-terra 50 and X-terra 705, both very capable detectors. I like the iron audio on the AT pro, and don't have to worry about getting it wet.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
The X505 and AT Pro are great detectors for the price. It's a little like Fords and Chevys, we all have preferences. I used to use a X-terra 50 and X-terra 705, both very capable detectors. I like the iron audio on the AT pro, and don't have to worry about getting it wet.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Exactly like you say it is like a car the only different is that the detector drive you lol

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the $ and features the AT Pro is very very hard to beat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread