What's new

Underwater salt water metal detecting

merman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI,

I have been reading about all the rules and regulations of metal detecting on land. Where could I find laws for the ocean. I know the Feds are trying to destroy this hobby. Do they have separate laws for the ocean. Any help would be appreciated....
 
merman said:
HI,

I have been reading about all the rules and regulations of metal detecting on land. Where could I find laws for the ocean. I know the Feds are trying to destroy this hobby. Do they have separate laws for the ocean. Any help would be appreciated....

Hello from White Plains, New York! States have different rules and regulations, permits and fees. It is incumbent upon you to be aware of them. Federal exclusion zones do exist, including naval gunnery ranges... I'm sure there are a dozen experts on this forum that can answer specific questions on salvage laws and so forth - Good Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • IMG00239-20110627-0728.webp
    IMG00239-20110627-0728.webp
    140.7 KB · Views: 726
Look up Riparian water rights on the state you live within. Most states it is, navigability waters are free and clear of use by anyone, up to the Hightide line. Historical areas best to check with the local Authorities.................. What state do you plan on hunting the water in?
 
OldeBeechnut said:
Look up Riparian water rights on the state you live within. Most states it is, navigability waters are free and clear of use by anyone, up to the Hightide line. Historical areas best to check with the local Authorities.................. What state do you plan on hunting the water in?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I live in CA. I was thinking to have a vacation around the Florida Keys. I will take a look at Riparian water rights. Any other advice would be great

Thanks again
 
Well since you're from ca, here's the ca "reality": All the beaches here (yes even to down in the water) are huntable. With the exception of a few federal stretches - which are very few beaches). So go ahead & knock yourself silly ;)

Now of course this is just "the reality". Naturally. .......... If you asked enough questions. ... of enough bureaucrats, of course you can find a "no" to ANY question.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom