What's new

Unique find

Metal.detective

Full Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a local lake yesterday with a good friend. Went to a party island only accessible by boat. Found this 1982 nickel that someone took the time to carve the center out and make a cross. I know they hated losing this. We had fun finding it.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130530_150245.webp
    ForumRunner_20130530_150245.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 148
  • ForumRunner_20130530_150306.webp
    ForumRunner_20130530_150306.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 164
  • ForumRunner_20130530_150317.webp
    ForumRunner_20130530_150317.webp
    17 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
Like the uniqueness of a find like that it is what I like about this hobby
 
I agree. It's like fishing on land (my other passion) you never know what that next cast or swing is gonna bring!
 
Pretty gnarly find....I like

-beav3r
 
That is a cool find. Somebody was creative. Good job!
 
I like that find, Metal detective! :hello2:

Lorraine
 
I think it is...a hobo coin that is... If it is...or isn't...its still very cool

-beav3r
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Someone had toooo much time on their hands Metal.detective!
killingme.gif
 
I don't know...i figured it was someone's good luck charm. Lol and you're right...way to much time. The edges are cut perfectly. Sorry for the blurry pictures. You can only do so much with tired shaky hands and a cell phone camera after almost 6 hours of hunting.
 
I figured we would've found some jewelry from all of the drunks that go out there. But nada. I could only do so much in the water. Crappy water scoop...which will be fixed on Saturday because the T-Rex will be here. Then I'm waiting for June to get the new Gray Ghost Amphibians for the ole AT Pro. Deeper water here I come.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom