What's new

unknown arrowhead. can anyone iden

ATpro5

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
587
Reaction score
191
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This arrowhead I found has a different style than I am used to. Found in southwest Virginia. Can anyone give me the type,age, what tribes might have made it,what it was used for,why its shaped like it is? Its around the size of a nickel. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

ForumRunner_20140827_183026.webp
 
Upvote 0
It looks like it is a concave based, triangle point, with the tips of the basal ears missing. I am not sure what you would call that type in SW Virginia, maybe Madison, or Leavanna??
 
Are the tips broken off the base? It could be a Yadkin or a Levanna, maybe.
 
Yes the tips are broken off. I looked up a levanna and that's what it appears to be. Thanks for the ID guys.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom