✅ SOLVED Unknown Interesting items

Gilliamguy

Greenie
Apr 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in the same area looks to have a link of chain stuck in a disc of zinc or possibly lead. Seems more likely to be zinc. Any help would be appreciated!
16759956265655589073483223133451.jpg
16759956721367783603168376278073.jpg

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one in this post is similar but not an exact match to yours.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
G

Gilliamguy

Greenie
Apr 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen them before, I've seen them in use, but I'll be dang if I can remember or tell what they are called or how they are used......I hate days like that!

Heck they've been posted several times on here prior to today also.
Yeah, not sure what to make of it. I've found them on this site before. Oh well. Thanks

Upvote 1

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your find is from farming equipment. Specifically, it is a component of a "check row corn planter chain." See the first photo below.

Note, it is very similar to the gasket-disc in a well pump chain. The difference is that the well pump disc has a groove encircling it, which held a leather or rubber O-ring gasket/washer. See the second photo below.

Attachments

• farm-equipment_bell-from-check-row-corn-planter-chain_TN_postedbyCreskol.jpg
    farm-equipment_bell-from-check-row-corn-planter-chain_TN_postedbyCreskol.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 38
  • well-pump-chain-plug_with-chain_TN.jpg
    well-pump-chain-plug_with-chain_TN.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 35
  • well-pump-chain-plug_diagram_TN.jpg
    well-pump-chain-plug_diagram_TN.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 11
OP
OP
G

Gilliamguy

Greenie
Apr 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your find is from farming equipment. Specifically, it is a component of a "check row corn planter chain." See the first photo below.

Note, it is very similar to the gasket-disc in a well pump chain. The difference is that the well pump disc has a groove encircling it, which held a leather or rubber O-ring gasket/washer. See the second photo below.
Nice! Thanks for the identification!

Upvote 1

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+

The first pic looks like a fencing splice, used when a new roll of single strand wire needs attached to the end of the previous roll. Maybe I’ve seen them re—purposed. Wouldn’t be the first time a farmer used what was at hand. LOL

Upvote 2

dagwood67

May 9, 2020
Rochester NY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My good friend, I hate to disagree but I must. The diameter of these items in the OP, being over one inch wide, is not consistent with check wire buttons, which are well under an inch in diameter.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread