What's new

Unknown Local Medicine?

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
Found this interesting bottle this week in the trenches. Looks just like a Wakelee's Cameline. The name NAU'S sounds local. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 392
yo ringman, after a little online surfing for the Nau's Dyspepsia Cure, I found this advertisement that was posted in a 1902 NJ newspaper. Apparently, there was also a Nau's Dyspepsia Remedy that was also amber. Nice bottle. Lataz, Bruddahbanzai
 

Attachments

  • Nau\'s Dyspepsia Cure.webp
    Nau\'s Dyspepsia Cure.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 347
Bruddahbanzai said:
yo ringman, after a little online surfing for the Nau's Dyspepsia Cure, I found this advertisement that was posted in a 1902 NJ newspaper. Apparently, there was also a Nau's Dyspepsia Remedy that was also amber. Nice bottle. Lataz, Bruddahbanzai

Thanks for the info Braddahbanzai, Maybe Frank Nau was a local boy living in New York? Interesting stuff anyway. Again thanks for the info and aloha.
Ringman.
 
Mackaydon said:
Frank Nau moved from Portland Oregon to NYC in 1902.
Thanks for the info Mac. Because we have so few local (Hawaiian) medicines from the turn of the century, We are always hoping to find something new. Ringman
 
I hear you, Ringman.
Actually, Frank Nau owned an all night pharmacy in Portland.
One location was in the Portland Hotel, then two other locations in Portland before he moved to NYC.
I, too, have an interest in the Islands; I was married there.
Don.......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom