dcooper1
Full Member
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2005
- Messages
- 232
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
lonesomebob said:Kentucky rifle either flint or percussion Bob

maybe its broken. http://www.airbum.com/NeatShtpix/HainesPart1.htmlMontana Elf said:How do you know it's "Kentuky" rifle and not some other random rifle/muzzleloader?![]()
bigcypresshunter said:maybe its broken. http://www.airbum.com/NeatShtpix/HainesPart1.htmlMontana Elf said:How do you know it's "Kentuky" rifle and not some other random rifle/muzzleloader?![]()
BuckleBoy said:bigcypresshunter said:maybe its broken. http://www.airbum.com/NeatShtpix/HainesPart1.htmlMontana Elf said:How do you know it's "Kentuky" rifle and not some other random rifle/muzzleloader?![]()
Looks broken at the screw hole on the left side of the first photo.
Monty said:I have seen several parts of old guns found here on tnet and I often wonder what happened to the rest of the gun? Seems odd that someone would just discard a trigger guard, but perhaps they just replaced it? My first gun was an old Savage single shot .410 and I broke the trigger guard off at the screw hole like many I have seen. I used it without one for years until I found one by accident at a gun show. Well, anyway part of an old muzzle loader is a great find. There were so many variations that during that period there was no two rifles exactly alike as for civilian use they were often hand made. It's almost impossible to pin one down exactly other than just the type of rifle or musket it came off of. Military arms were usually mass produced and a little easier to identify. For the person asking how do you know it's from a kentucky rifle, it is a process of eliminaltion. It's easier to figure out what it isn't first and that narrows it down quite a bit. Monty
Monty said:I have seen several parts of old guns found here on tnet and I often wonder what happened to the rest of the gun? Seems odd that someone would just discard a trigger guard, but perhaps they just replaced it? My first gun was an old Savage single shot .410 and I broke the trigger guard off at the screw hole like many I have seen. I used it without one for years until I found one by accident at a gun show. Well, anyway part of an old muzzle loader is a great find. There were so many variations that during that period there was no two rifles exactly alike as for civilian use they were often hand made. It's almost impossible to pin one down exactly other than just the type of rifle or musket it came off of. Military arms were usually mass produced and a little easier to identify. For the person asking how do you know it's from a kentucky rifle, it is a process of eliminaltion. It's easier to figure out what it isn't first and that narrows it down quite a bit. Monty