Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Aug 21, 2009 #1 We dug this iron piece the other day and I'm curious as to what it might have been used for. I don't think it's an iron plate but maybe decorative. Thanks! Attachments DSC00020.webp 30.5 KB · Views: 250 DSC00021.webp 22.8 KB · Views: 241
We dug this iron piece the other day and I'm curious as to what it might have been used for. I don't think it's an iron plate but maybe decorative. Thanks!
lumbercamp Hero Member Joined Jun 22, 2006 Messages 948 Reaction score 33 Golden Thread 0 Aug 21, 2009 #2 It is a receipt holder to be hung on a wall. There was a hook on the bottom, but yours is broke off. Upvote 0
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Aug 21, 2009 Thread Owner #3 So it is. Very cool. Here's another one I found online Attachments 1_6d206768aa6a06122ec19c828d809319.webp 3.4 KB · Views: 172 Upvote 0
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Aug 21, 2009 Thread Owner #4 What about a date? I see that there is a Celtic symbol near the bottom. Upvote 0
Michaelangelo Sr. Member Joined Jun 9, 2009 Messages 455 Reaction score 6 Golden Thread 0 Location Piedmont N.C. Aug 21, 2009 #5 When I was a kid I remember my Grandmother had something similar that was a trivot. Does it look like it had small legs that may have broken off? Upvote 0
When I was a kid I remember my Grandmother had something similar that was a trivot. Does it look like it had small legs that may have broken off?
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 21, 2009 #6 That's one Heck of an ID! GREAT work! -Buckles Upvote 0