What's new

Unknown

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We dug this in TN. Along with the other Pistol mold etc.. parts. We are curious as to what this could be. Can anyone help with this ID? Thanks! HHHH
 

Attachments

  • DSC00005.webp
    DSC00005.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 781
  • DSC00006.webp
    DSC00006.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 765
  • DSC00007.webp
    DSC00007.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 770
Civil war monocular? :)

Not a clue really.sorry.
 
Upvote 0
Spike, I remember having a three note hand held fog horn that was channeled into a cup like your car horn. Don't know if they made two note ones or not . Mine was hand held, plated brass, and used probably on a boat. (It had a little chain soldered onto it and you'd blow through it) . Dang it, I gave it away... back in the days when if anybody liked something I had I'd give it away! :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Dang johnnyi, you gave away the piece that could have ID'ed this item :D

I think this one will be solved. As tradeoftreasures points out the item seems so familiar yet hard to pinpoint. I think all the qualified guesses illustrates it well.

It's a cool 'whatisit' you found Mike :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
Tent pole fitting?
 
Upvote 0
Maybe the circled part on a feather duster or something similar to it.
 

Attachments

  • feather duster2 (Medium).webp
    feather duster2 (Medium).webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
Fitting for a small pipe muffler?
 
Upvote 0
How about a mouth piece from a double pipe whistle (c. 1880's)

B_R_Double_Pipe_,whistle_museum_.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I think you got it DCMatt.
 

Attachments

  • CAC54XZG.webp
    CAC54XZG.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
I like the whistle mouthpiece idea, BCH was the first to suggest it. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
The whistle horn was already suggested, however DCMatt found the exact match :thumbsup: Funny how many qualified queses on this Whatisit. Cool piece :thumbsup:

BCH did get the direction back on track. Good team work.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
The whistle horn was already suggested, however DCMatt found the exact match :thumbsup: Funny how many qualified queses on this Whatisit. Cool piece :thumbsup:

BCH did get the direction back on track. Good team work.

Yes it is an exact match. I just scrolled up and looked at the original piece. Exact match. Great ID, DCMatt and suggestion assist BCH. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
IronSpike said:
The whistle horn was already suggested, however DCMatt found the exact match :thumbsup: Funny how many qualified queses on this Whatisit. Cool piece :thumbsup:

BCH did get the direction back on track. Good team work.

Yes it is an exact match. I just scrolled up and looked at the original piece. Exact match. Great ID, DCMatt and suggestion assist BCH. :thumbsup:

Teamwork! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom