Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off I went today to weymouth twp.. I stopped at city hall to ask who owned that old church...well, come to find out its in the process of being sold..no biggie..I saw a truck there..so off I go, I stopped...knocked on the door, A man n woman come out...I said Hi, my names rae, do you own this beautiful building? he said, well sorta...I will own it by the end of nov... so I introduced myself.. trying to be very professional at the same time.. so he tells me, since this is a deal with a big organized church corp. they are letting him start renovating now, even thou he wont actually own it till the last week in nov... so he says to me... by any chance do you happen to have your detector with you now? I said yes, its in my truck.... he says to me... could you do me a favor..I said sure... he proceeds to tell me..he buried a pewter statue of st. jude upside down in the front yard, but he couldnt remember where he buried it... he then tells me..he buried it so that that the deal would go thru with the church, but wanted his statue back..so I grab my gear ( am thinking oh hell, please let me look good, let me look professional and PLEASE let me find it... I was panicking in my head as I had the garrett gtp1350 with me not my m6..and I am not good at all with the garrett) so I said..lemme make a few adjustments on my machine to relics so I pick it up ( praying the whole time lordy dont fail me now) well, within 5 minutes... no lie... I find it... it was like a HUGE relief to me..but I didnt show that on my face... he and his wife were thrilled to death....He said come back the last week of nov..YOU can hunt as long as you want and you can keep all coins too... they were so thrilled to have st.jude back...and kept asking me my name.... and I said I will be back for sure... reason I couldnt do anything today was due to the fact that he does not have any insurance on it as of yet, till its offically his... which I can understand.... so looks like I got me a new lead, and possibly he will tell other friends of his about me finding his statue....and of course when I go back at the end of nov..I will give him several business cards as well...this could very well open new doors for me....

not bad for a dumb broad trying so hard...

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
well done your a credit to the hobby it sounds like you might well be very busy in the next few months good luck

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so hoping Karma is kind to me.. been trying so hard to get leads and older places to hunt..now am working on getting one other machine..once I sell one of mine...

thanks..rae

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
bootybay said:
he proceeds to tell me..he buried a pewter statue of st. jude upside down in the front yard, but he couldnt remember where he buried it... he then tells me..he buried it so that that the deal would go thru with the church,

good job, but huh ??? :o

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
syko said:
bootybay said:
he proceeds to tell me..he buried a pewter statue of st. jude upside down in the front yard, but he couldnt remember where he buried it... he then tells me..he buried it so that that the deal would go thru with the church,

good job, but huh ??? :o
St Jude is the patron saint of lost causes. By burying it upside dow, he figured the sale wouldn't be a lost cause.

Congrats on looking good and finding the statue. In your mind 3 weeks are gonna feel like a looonnng time. ;) Best of luck when you go back.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to Represent!!!

Good job!!! I hope we'll see a lot of good finds when you hunt it!!!

HH,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread