What's new

*"Updated Video "* CACHE or A Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill!!!???

SilverFox167

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
920
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Scottsdale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*"Updated Video "* CACHE or A Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill!!!???

The day started like any other day, beautiful with birds chirping in the woods and just the smell of nature everywhere, did I mention it was starting to get hot and muggy.
My buddy Todd (makton) and I agreed to hunt along the Illinois I&M Canal (Actually it was Todd's idea). It’s no secret to think that in the canal construction process someone, somewhere along the line had to set down and take a lunch break, or had a hole in their pocket. Well that’s was our thoughts anyway. Those are the kind of thoughts that compel you to go deep into the woods where you know your headphone or your search coil is going to get caught on some little twig or branch. I am sure most of you can relate. It can be frustrating when you have to duck and crawl your way through some areas because of how thick the brush is especially when you are 6’2”.

Well it was getting close to noon and things were starting to heat up and I had enough of the woods. You have heard this story time and again; it was that moment that defined our hunt when I started heading out of the woods to hunt open ground… of course I was still swinging my coil. I knew I only had about maybe 100’ and I was out of the woods. I came across an open space in the woods where it looked like the rocks were piled really high. I got a silver sounding signal and thought to myself; oh it’s just another one of those metal objects I had been finding that sounded like silver. I chose to dig it anyway… To my surprise the object was round and silver looking. I thought no-way! I picked it up and it was a coin. I was so excited I could not tell if it was a silver dollar or a half dollar because of my excitement. All I knew when I washed some of the dirt off, it was a silver coin.

I yelled out to Todd to see if he was in ear shot to come and see the coin I had found. Turned out to be a 1906-D Barber Half. My first one ever and another coin I could strike off my list of finds. I told Todd to rescan the hole and he could have the next coin that came out, because I knew there was at least another signal in the hole. Todd did and he pulled out a 1900 Barber half, he then rescanned again and found a 1906 Barber Quarter. I thought oh man that was on my list of finds also. I said to him ok it’s my turn. I then pulled out a 1900 Barber Quarter, yes another first for me and one more coin to strike off my list.

Todd then began to hunt the area while I rescanned the hole again; and to my amazement another silver signal. I then found a 1908-D and a 1911-D Barber Dimes. Then scanned again and was getting a nickle sounding signal and to my amazement again I pulled out a 1901, 1905, and a 1910 V-Nickles.

In all total there were 9 coins pulled and two of which Todd was able to claim as keepers.

We both knew one thing for sure we are coming back in the fall and hopefully we will have more stories like this to share.

Happy Hunting and Happy Father’s day to all you Dad’s out there.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Pocket Spill.webp

Group Shot Front.webp

Group ShoT Rear.webp

MY Four Barbers.webp

Four Barbers 2 Front.webp

MY Four Barbers Rear.webp

V-Knickles Front.webp

V-Knickles Rear.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole

Very, Very cool coins!! :o Isn't it amazing what we find going back to our vehicles. It's almost like it was meant to be! Thanks for sharing your story and great pics! :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Moon
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Nice finds!
All of those coins are in great shape.
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Great logic and some perfect persistence. It paid off quite well. Must have hurt the person who lost the change though. But it worked out well for you! Congrats on a sweet recovery! :hello2:
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Beautiful pocket spill. I would keep hotting that spot. :notworthy:
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! Pocket spill pickup!! I'm happy 4 u!! keep hunting and good things can happen!!! MaineRelic.
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Great Story! (and oh by the way, lovely coins ;D)
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

That is a great story and great looking coins. I just wish you would have had the camera rolling on this pocket spill.
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Terrific finds. Congrats on a recovery you'll never forget!
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Awesome spill !!! Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Way to go Rob! Many people never find single one of those coins you found in that hole. Those are tough coins to find individually!
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

NICE!!!!

Congrats!
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Beautiful coins! Your partner should be glad to hunt with such a sharing person, by the way I'm available this weekend.
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Nice finds! They bring back memories of my boy hood when I would get all that in my change! Boy are those days gone!
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

Nice spill! Somebody was in some rough shape after they lost that back in the day! That was a lot of money! Congrats on all that silver! :headbang:
 
Re: A Father’s Day Hunt Exposes a Honey Hole of a Pocket Spill

What detector were you using? I've almost got myself convinced to buy a Minelab.
I see you have one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom