Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I know everyone is recuperating from CTH3 but thought I would toss this out to get you thinking.October is a long way off.For those who missed the last Uvalde hunt you can check it out on http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,278466.0.html.
Right now we have two locations.Don't know exact acreage yet but way more than we can hunt.A third location is still in the works.Both of these cross Cook's Slough where several arrowheads were found.The third is adjacent to FT Inge(early cavalry fort).I will try and contact the owners today.It will be just like the last hunt where there is no entry fee or prizes.You just keep what you find.Looking at the last week of October and appears like we can stay as long as we want.I said no entry fee but I might request $5 to provide my friend Ed with a jug of vodka and maybe a case of beer for the owners for setting this up for us.You could probably camp on the site but no facillities,there are campgrounds in the area though.These are great people down there.Uvalde is 80mi west of San Antonio,great city.Let's see what everyone thinks.The town,Uvalde would like to see a good turnout and there are nice motels there.More as I get it.

Re: Uvalde,Tx In Oct

Just talked to one of the owners and he has thirty acres that crosses Cook's Slough and it's about 3/4 of a mile from FT Inge.Told me if I was a friend of Ed's,I was a friend of his and to just call him about a month ahead of time.He has no idea what we may find but said we should find something.It has never been detected.He has no crops and the property is open with some mesquite and because they have had some rain,there is some brush right now.He said we are welcome to come anytime we want.

Warsaw, you KNOW I will be there! I had such a great time last time, that there is no way I'd miss it! Maybe spend some more time there this time, and hunt the small town that Steve and I came through...what do ya say Steve? And a few bucks to throw in is no problem...
Baggins

I plan on trying to make it and I think Burdie is also. We may come together? He mentioned something to me about it, If I come depends on how well I am getting around then. Going in to get some long needles stuck in my back on June 7 to help with my sciatica problems. Last time it helped for about 4 months. We'll just have to wait and see. Monty

Baggins, you know I'll be there without a doubt and longer than before if possible. That other town was awesome too!!!

WSD- count me in without a doubt. Thanks for planning it again, you did GREAT last time!!!!

Steve ;D

You bet Monty I am looking forward to it. My holdup is if I am running for Governor or dog catcher. :dontknow:

Burdie

Burdie,

I'm sure you'll win as governor and if you do, you can pick us up on your helicopter and jet us down there. I can't wait to see you landing!!!!!!!!

Like last time,I just picked Oct because it would be cooler.If everyone wants Sept instead,let me know.Majority rules.And we'll see if the women are really hardy hunters or scared and not sign up for this Nana?,Gypsy?,MG?,Noodle?Ann?,ozark_dew?.If everyone wants a port-a-potty you'll have to chip in for it.

I hope I'm still invited to the festivities. maybe I can come down with Monty and Burdie

Sniffer,

You are invited, this is your offical contact now. So grab up those other guys and come on down!!! :icon_thumleft:

And Gypsy....yes GIRLS are always invited. Get with Brad And Debbie and bring them with you this year!!!

Steve ;D

Im down if its not snowing and everyone hasent quit where i wk agien.

Juanmoretime said:
Sniffer,

You are invited, this is your offical contact now. So grab up those other guys and come on down!!! :icon_thumleft:

And Gypsy....yes GIRLS are always invited. Get with Brad And Debbie and bring them with you this year!!!

Steve ;D

Yes, what he said, Brad and Debbie are great folks to be around! Be nice to see them again anytime. Gypsy, they even have a slough for you to wade in.................

I am thinking if I go I would have to ride along with someone...girls wouldnt be coming with,just me...so once we all know who is going,I will have to figure out a plan.....

Sniff and Burdie, I have plenty of room in the Durango for all 3 of us and our gear. Assuming I can make it, you can drive down to my house together and load up here and leave you car or truck at my house. We can split the expenses, but we'll work all this out later. Monty

Cook's slough is mainly dry now days.Hope we can really get a good group together.We can work transportation out,I'm sure.From up here in mid MO,it took us 16hrs but we stopped a couple of times for a total of 2-3hrs.

Count me in :hello: Had a good time with all you guy's and gal's at CTH3, would like to go on another hunt if you would have me?

kurt-ks said:
Count me in :hello: Had a good time with all you guy's and gal's at CTH3, would like to go on another hunt if you would have me?
Only if you bring a ladder so your wife can get down into the pit with her bad knee...I told her we would have lowered her down....
Nice meeting you guys also

Say WD, what kind of accomodations do they have as far a place to hang our hats at night? And I don't mean the brothel. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back