Vaquero or AT Pro ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those that have each love them. I have the AT Pro also and prefer other detectors like my Tejon as I don't have a Vaquero. It depends if you like a screen.

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used both and i think the At Pro has the upper hand.The pro has a very good tone Id.
You can take all three to the beach and i think the pro does better, you can also put them all 3 in water and The pro wins hands down.
The pro has good depth for relic hunting to

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the Vaquero, most of my hunting is all coin, jewelery and relics. There are very few negative things I could say about the Vaquero. It is awsome on clad, picks up gold very well, and after months of looking for a more powerful machine in the depth department, I have realized that I already own one of the very deepest unless I want to spend big $ on a GPX.
Seriously, I have read biased review after another on the AT pro, and I am sure it's a good machine but I have already done with my Vaquero+more what people brag about in the reviews.
If I threw my Vaquero in the lake I am sure the AT pro would have the upper hand, other than that it is hands down Vaquero.
Sorry folks but my vote goes to the Vaq, if you want a water machine, I feel a dedicated water machine would get you the best results.

rws51

May 12, 2009
I hunt with a Vaquero and it is an excellent detector. Build quality is second to none and the lifetime warranty means alot to me even though I will probably never need it.
On the other hand, the ATPro has a 3 year warranty and has had a ton of problems from poor quality control or workmanship. After owning 3 garrett detectors over the years I can tell you I won't be
buying another. Buy the Vaquero, you won't be sorry later.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The AT Pro can accurately ID a dime to 7"+ in hard, dry, mineralized soil.

Very few detectors I've used could do this. Do you want to know what it is before you dig it up, or is it more fun to dig all or most & be surprised?

I like to be lazy, so I prefer a detector that has good ID at depth, over one that can only ID shallow coins so I miss almost all older coins, or have to dig everything. Best wishes, George (MN)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ezzz1 said:
I have used both and i think the At Pro has the upper hand.The pro has a very good tone Id.
You can take all three to the beach and i think the pro does better, you can also put them all 3 in water and The pro wins hands down.
The pro has good depth for relic hunting to
...all put the at pro up against my 5900 di pro, when it come to relics hunting.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only tried two AT Pro's and both disappointed. The Vaquero only suufers if you could call it that from not being waterproof and having been overshadowed by its more expensive big brother, the Tejon. Many though would find the Vaquero to be the better choice in the Tesoro range. It really is a sweet machine at a good price. Then add the worth of the Tesoro warranty !

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My vote goes to the V. I don't like the idea of a meter because I dig everything. Depth is fantastic, and the tone "I think" is the best. I used an Explorer for years and hardly looked at the meter and as a result I found many things in the wake of meter watchers.

The V all the way.

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
liftloop said:
...all put the at pro up against my 5900 di pro, when it come to relics hunting.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. No mention of whites was made.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there a damn good company With quality detectors at a good price..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liftloop said:
Well there a damn good company With quality detectors at a good price..
Yeah, but White's detectors aren't in the discussion.
justanotherbarber said:
liftloop said:

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. No mention of whites was made.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.... I'm telling you White's Electronics is a good company that got detectors out there that gives both of them a run for the money....he would be hunting coins, and relics he has the right to know that White's Electronics make dam good relic machine's and he should look in to them all so.....and a gain (sandiest of man) don't you have some laddies shoe to worry about..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread