What's new

Vending machine search!! New Idea?

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a poor college student....i used to take a few nickels down to the vending machines and insert one at a time and then hit the refund button. That would give me a different nickel each time i did it. i would keep any keepers...actually found quite a few good ones that way....lol!!
 
Upvote 0
I've tried it before, but I usually don't find anything and I wind up losing money. Also, vending machines don't accept silver so it will only work with nickels and pennies.
 
If you are lucky enough to find an old vending machine it may work but newers ones you are right do not except the silvers.

Golden Silver
 
I'm only looking for old nickles....not silver.
 
I disagree I got a 1964 quarter from our coffe machine at work this spring and its a new vending machine so I am sure there is a chance of getting one :hello2:
 
Congrats on the 64 but I am not sure if coffee vending is the same or works the same.

golden silver
 
Hi all!
Yes you can find silver in vending machines. The subject is simple. When you put money into a machine, you aren't getting money other customers put in back as change. The coins others put in just fall into a tub. The change you get back is coin the vendor puts into the change slots. If the vendor puts silver into the machine, then you can get silver back as change.
HH
Gilbert
 
We once had an idea to ask the moderators to make a new forum called VMH (Vending Machine Hunting)!
 
Interesting. Seen people try to put silver in machines before at work and the machine just spat them out. But I guess that does not account for coins the handler puts in the machine. I stand corrected.

Golden Silver
 
The one and only time I marked coins was for use in a vending machine. Eventually the machine returned my own coins.
It wasn't a permanent marker I used as my fingers turned blue.
Didn't find a thing,but it was fun trying.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom