Very cool experiment closest guesser I will mail a silver dime! please give a guess!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, It's been documented that the masses are often right in a way that no individual can be. For example, this was tested out by having an entire town guess the weight of a cow. No individual got the weight correct, but the average of the 1600 townpeople's guesses was nearly exactly the weight of the cow. I want to try this with CRH's forecasting the value of silver. What do you think the price of silver will be in exactly 1 month? So we are talking March 28th, at 1:25PM. I will take the average of all answers and compare them to individual answers. Whoever is the closest I will mail a silver dime of my choosing, on my honor. However, the trick is you must also beat the average! If I'm right and this works, I get to keep my dime. IF I'm wrong and an individual beats the average, I will mail it immediately. Guess to the nearest cent, if you say something like $17, I will assume you mean 17.00

By the way, all answers must be received within one week to count!

Upvote 0

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is great, we have over 100 guesses!!!! Thanks all, I can't wait to see the results. I have picked out the dime and it is sitting on my nightstand waiting 1 mo. I realized it is better to cut off the time to allow guesses a bit short. If silver makes a move this week it will influence everyone's guesses. Since we have so many so far, and posts generally get the most responses in the first day or two (which has already passed), I am going to close guess submissions tomorrow morning. Get them in tonight (sunday the 2nd) or before I wake up tomorrow AM!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Hi all, It's been documented that the masses are often right in a way that no individual can be. For example, this was tested out by having an entire town guess the weight of a cow. No individual got the weight correct, but the average of the 1600 townpeople's guesses was nearly exactly the weight of the cow. I want to try this with CRH's forecasting the value of silver. What do you think the price of silver will be in exactly 1 month? So we are talking March 28th, at 1:25PM. I will take the average of all answers and compare them to individual answers. Whoever is the closest I will mail a silver dime of my choosing, on my honor. However, the trick is you must also beat the average! If I'm right and this works, I get to keep my dime. IF I'm wrong and an individual beats the average, I will mail it immediately. Guess to the nearest cent, if you say something like $17, I will assume you mean 17.00

By the way, all answers must be received within one week to count!

Are you talking 1:25 pm pacific, mountain, central or eastern time. With how fast spot prices can change it could make a difference.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if more than one guesses it correctly the first one wins??

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18.78 and thanks for the contest..:)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I could seriously screw this whole experiment up if I through a giant outlier out there. Like $100,000,000 an ounce due to a nuclear war with russia destabilizing the currency, making USD worth much less.

BUT, I don't want to mess you up, I say $27.52 an ounce exactly one month from the date this thread was posted.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I base the much higher estimate on potential conflict or concerns over the Ukraine and other geopolitical matters (Korean Human rights violations, Potential US involvement in these areas, ect).

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver is moving so poll is closed!!! thanks everyone!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread