Victorio Peak Documents, Symbols and Artifacts

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Garry,

Doc's main access was through the top of the Peak (until it was blasted shut). Doc also (supposedly) had another secret entrance, but no one has ever confirmed that.

*Doc's Description is that the bars of "pig iron" in the caverns were stacked like cordwood (in ricks).

*Fiege's Description was of three "piles" of bars.

Now, was the cavern with Swanner's Name the same as Fiege's Cave? No way to know. Access to the "Swanner" Cave was through a shaft dug during Operation Goldfinder. Fiege described climbing through a narrow shaft into a room with three stacks of bars. Fiege's Cave was also blasted shut after the military emptied it out. From what I have heard and read, I THINK the two caverns are different. I can't be certain though.

Mike

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Rog.
remind us how Fiege died seems like it was kind of a suspicious death if i remember it was you that mentioned it before.
And whatever happened to Prather, Wessel, and Bartlett.
I was looking for an obit on fiege and found an article stating that in 1973 in Germany he was flying a jet and the engine quit, they were able to land
but Fiege was injured bacause his seat ejected after landing.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Yes Big scott , yet , get to the Dr. that was told : " We want this guy in an Asylum " start there . Prather stuck by Fiegie
at first , then bailed out when the writing appeared on the wall . Wessel and Berlett ? no idea why they walked away
from the event .

westtex

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, Thank you for that information, really great stuff. You are an asset to the treasure community!

Keeping what I said in mind I thought I would add this to your topic. Letha, Doc Noss's stepdaughter told me numerous stories about Doc's feelings regarding the origin of what he found. Within the "Big Room", he said he found a wooden box that had metal corners with three locks on the its front. Stamped into the metal center was the word "Carlota". From that moment on he was convinced that the treasure, at least part of it was Maximillian's. At other times Letha mentioned Doc bringing out a box full of European mail, which he promptly burned. He felt it may show ownership in someway and jeopardize his find. But the biggest item that was removed from the cave is a crown. Ova Noss gave a video interview in 1977 where she speaks in some detail about it. As she stated, it had 250 diamonds and one pigeon blood ruby in the center. They put it in a paper bag and then weighed it on meat scales in a grocery store in El Paso. It weighed in at 6 pounds and made of gold. This crown was placed in a foot locker along with other items removed and Doc and a friend stashed it in the Caballos somewhere. Now, I have a photo that has been in the Noss family archives since the 1940's. No living member of the family could validate if the photo was taken by Doc or if it came out of a book. This is unclear but it does match her story. If you look at old paintings of Carlota this crown doesn't seem to match. Just another mystery.

cheers,

-alex

that is most definitely a picture from a book, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/157837161914343488/

"Columbian Emerald Tiara, Russia (1907; made by Bolin; emeralds, diamonds). Belonged to Czarina Alexandra Feodorovna and her sister Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna."

The Alexandra Feodorovna Emerald Tiara | Johns Creek, GA Patch

even a painting with her wearing it

http://viola.bz/wp-content/uploads/...Russia-Empress-Alexandra-wearing-emeralds.jpg

hope that helps

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
". Keeping what I said in mind I thought I would add this to your topic. Letha, Doc Noss's stepdaughter told me numerous stories about Doc's feelings regarding the origin of what he found. Within the "Big Room", he said he found a wooden box that had metal corners with three locks on the its front. Stamped into the metal center was the word "Carlota". From that moment on he was convinced that the treasure, at least part of it was Maximillian's. At other times Letha mentioned Doc bringing out a box full of European mail, which he promptly burned. He felt it may show ownership in someway and jeopardize his find. But the biggest item that was removed from the cave is a crown. Ova Noss gave a video interview in 1977 where she speaks in some detail about it. As she stated, it had 250 diamonds and one pigeon blood ruby in the center. They put it in a paper bag and then weighed it on meat scales in a grocery store in El Paso. It weighed in at 6 pounds and made of gold. This crown was placed in a foot locker along with other items removed and Doc and a friend stashed it in the Caballos somewhere. Now, I have a photo that has been in the Noss family archives since the 1940's. No living member of the family could validate if the photo was taken by Doc or if it came out of a book. This is unclear but it does match her story. If you look at old paintings of Carlota this crown doesn't seem to match. Just another mystery."

A) Since NP's lil map was genuine, this indicated that the rest of Letha's statements were probably true also. I.E. the remark that doc nos burned a no of letters that were to Europe tends to confirm Max's family Identification, private correspondence, same period.

B) Since Maximilian had close ties with the Vatican on The Tayopa thingie, (he was projecting a RR from to Guaymas to
tayopa) they probably also gave him the secret of the depositories to hide his materiel there, although as it turned out they never had a chance of retrieving any of it since about this time it no longer was Mexican territory - Alamo revolt and Gadson purchase.

C) According to old stories, Mex's personal treasure was stolen by a group of Texan marauders and shortly afterwords they in turn were killed by Indians. It appears that somehow Carlota's personal things were saved and ended up in the Victorio Peak depository.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real, have some :coffee2: the wooden box or trunk that you are talking about, I talked about in my thread doc noss vp or the caballo's, it was the most important thing that they wanted to find, the info
is in post #16, it tells every thing connected with the trunk or box. np:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real, Amigo, get some :coffee2: thread doc noss or the caballo's, post # 16, it tells you what you want to know about the box or trunk.np:cat:

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed a [post } here
it said { Nope , it did not have MAXIMILLIAN on that trunk
it was Charlottia ,,,( The Nick Name her father gave her when she was a child ) not Carlotta }
Is there a photo of the trunk ? you are right about the Use of the name in Europe

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this was said in post early on
According to old stories, Mex's personal treasure was stolen by a group of Texan marauders and shortly afterwords they in turn were killed by Indians. It appears that somehow Carlota's personal things were saved and ended up in the Victorio Peak depository.
that is not exactly the truth because Carlotta was not with the soldiers . Carlotta left Mexico for France a long time before Maximillian was attacked .
she died in her Home in south france where she had been secluded because she was losing her mind . The Maximillian thing is all wrong because it was no treasure
from France because he and her did not bring a lot to mexico the way to read the history is on the internet . archive pdf file if you look for it .
bad thing all the stories that are wrong about history .

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi AD,zthe socalled treasure was not being 'brought' but l'eaving' Mexcio i.e. At the end of the revoloutio- therefore --

I'm sorry about not being clear, Carlotta left Mexico before the end of the Revolution with her personal jewels and also her trunks
all of her baggage left with her . on arrival she brought the news about corruption that embarrassed the Royals of Austria and France
and the conspiracy to strip Mexico of it's Metals . She was confined to her Estate out of public to quiet her . The Royals claimed she was
out of her mind to cover up what she was reporting . Her Trunks all traveled back with her .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread