TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know you probably have good intentions on trying to educate a few of the people here... but bat guano is not a nitrate, it is a phosphate. There's a big difference. What you are referencing are basically salt deposits.
And you are educating by calling nitrate basically salt and stating what bat guano is is a phosphate not a nitrate. Did you read my post suggesting nitrate was leached from bat guano? How did a phosphate become a nitrate then?
Nitrate is a salt yes. Thanks for confirming that. Not sea salt for sprinkling on your eggs though.
Nitrate is a polyatomic ion with the molecular formula NO₃− and a molecular mass of 62.0049 g/mol. Nitrates also describe the organic functional group RONO₂. These nitrate esters are a specialized class of explosives. Potassium nitrate, not sodium nitrate is saltpeter. Not just plain Jane salt.
Are you saying bat guano( it contains uric acid, ammonium urate, nitrates, phosphates and calcium, so yes it has phosphate in it) was not used to extract saltpeter potassium nitrate for gunpowder?
Phosphates occur in it so what. You sell dish detergent or something?
You could argue caliche is all they needed but that's not what they were after, for a reason.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
And you are educating by calling nitrate basically salt and stating what bat guano is is a phosphate not a nitrate. Did you read my post suggesting nitrate was leached from bat guano? How did a phosphate become a nitrate then?
Nitrate is a salt yes. Thanks for confirming that. Not sea salt for sprinkling on your eggs though.
Nitrate is a polyatomic ion with the molecular formula NO₃− and a molecular mass of 62.0049 g/mol. Nitrates also describe the organic functional group RONO₂. These nitrate esters are a specialized class of explosives. Potassium nitrate, not sodium nitrate is saltpeter. Not just plain Jane salt.
Are you saying bat guano( it contains uric acid, ammonium urate, nitrates, phosphates and calcium, so yes it has phosphate in it) was not used to extract saltpeter potassium nitrate for gunpowder?
Phosphates occur in it so what. You sell dish detergent or something?
You could argue caliche is all they needed but that's not what they were after, for a reason.
are you really arguing over batshit?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for who built that ladder for the bat cave, it was Col. Mustard with the candlestick.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Announcement:

Today is a pretty disappointing day. Apparently me stating that I had the intention of filming the "Pit Mine" was a bad decision. This afternoon I received a death threat via text - in which I immediately took to the local police. The number was sent from a pre-paid cell phone. I have been advised to discontinue all videos going forward and the police will be looking at footage from where the pre-paid cell was purchased. I have also been advised to stay out of the superstition mountains for the time being.

I started thiese videos as information only - as a way to express myself - meet new friends - and uncover truths in regard to the superstition mountains and lore.

Going to the pit mine was, apparently, crossing a line in which I should not have. I had no idea.

I am cooperating with the local police and am giving them all the information necessary to find out who sent the message, there is only a small handful of folks I have given my number to here on this forum.

This is really unfortunate - as I have received countless emails from folks all around the world that really enjoyed my videos.

I am sorry that there are people out there in this world that have done things, illegally, and are afraid of what I may or may not find with my footage.

One person can certainly ruin the fun for all of us....but threatening to take my life is something I won't 2nd guess.

I am glad to have made the friends I have.....but leave with a heavy heart that I can't continue the videos and that same vile person feels it necessary to take my life in order to cover up what they did, 20 years ago.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Announcement:

Today is a pretty disappointing day. Apparently me stating that I had the intention of filming the "Pit Mine" was a bad decision. This afternoon I received a death threat via text - in which I immediately took to the local police. The number was sent from a pre-paid cell phone. I have been advised to discontinue all videos going forward and the police will be looking at footage from where the pre-paid cell was purchased. I have also been advised to stay out of the superstition mountains for the time being.

I started thiese videos as information only - as a way to express myself - meet new friends - and uncover truths in regard to the superstition mountains and lore.

Going to the pit mine was, apparently, crossing a line in which I should not have. I had no idea.

I am cooperating with the local police and am giving them all the information necessary to find out who sent the message, there is only a small handful of folks I have given my number to here on this forum.

This is really unfortunate - as I have received countless emails from folks all around the world that really enjoyed my videos.

I am sorry that there are people out there in this world that have done things, illegally, and are afraid of what I may or may not find with my footage.

One person can certainly ruin the fun for all of us....but threatening to take my life is something I won't 2nd guess.

I am glad to have made the friends I have.....but leave with a heavy heart that I can't continue the videos and that same vile person feels it necessary to take my life in order to cover up what they did, 20 years ago.

Would you accept an apology?
I got your number off of the wall at Jack in the Box, Apache Junction.

Ryan,
Actually, I am sorry that you experience that. It is unfortunate and not representative of all TNet members. There are some good people here as well as a few misguided wankers. I hope that you don't shy away from what you do so well. That would be disappointing for many who appreciate your efforts. But if this is adios, I want to thank you for the videos and photographs.

Long Live Ryan!

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Now that's just messed up.
I enjoy your videos and look forward to more...someday. As for now, lay low until they catch the coward...what a twatwaffle.
I can't see it being anyone from this forum, but you never know. Hang in there, amigo. :icon_thumleft:

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am really sorry to hear what has happened to you . that really sucks that some one on this forum is making death threats to you. must be a pretty big COWARD to make the threats using a pre-paid cell phone and not face to face. i will miss your videos. azblackbird...so i guess you think it's real funny for Ryan to be getting death threats by that little laughing face at the end of your post. so sad.
Rick

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
azblackbird...so i guess you think it's real funny for Ryan to be getting death threats by that little laughing face at the end of your post. so sad.
Yeah it's funny because it's all made up BS just to add more hype and drama. Give me a fricking break! :BangHead:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan, we have spoken before about the lack of mental stability among some treasure hunters out there. Some people are not right in the head to begin with and when they fixate on things like treasure tales, it can make them do very questionable things. The sad part is this person imagines they will escape detection by using a pre-paid phone. They won't.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Announcement:

Today is a pretty disappointing day. Apparently me stating that I had the intention of filming the "Pit Mine" was a bad decision. This afternoon I received a death threat via text - <snip>

Rick - sorry that you got the threat, and considering that murders HAVE occurred in the Superstitions, I would certainly take it seriously.

That said, I extremely doubt that this has anything to do with the people whom were mining in the Pit mine, twenty odd years ago. The statute of limitations has long run out, they could literally go on the evening news and announce what they did, and would face no legal issues. It is almost certainly someone whom is doing something there NOW, or very recently was, or is planning to, illegally, and they do not want you there with a camera to catch them at it. The fellows who did some small scale mining (at great risks) already made their cash and are not operating anything at the Pit mine. I doubt any of them will ever return there, unless for the sake of nostalgia.

There have been whackadoos orbiting the LDM legend since, well practically since the story went public. I could tell you more but rather than derail the topic, just say that I think you did the correct thing, and you will get to go to the Pit mine to shoot some video footage, just may have to wait a bit for a whackadoo to get picked up by the police. Who knows, perhaps this particular whackadoo has been involved in other, recent mysterious deaths in the Superstitions too?

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread