What's new

Volcanic or meteorite?

reptwar1

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
444
Reaction score
291
Golden Thread
0
Location
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this porous rock on the shore of the Arkansas River. Doesnt seem magnetic but my magnet is small and weak. Has a bunch of quartz looking stones sticking out of the pores...
 
Vocanic or meteorite
 

Attachments

  • 1441229550938.webp
    1441229550938.webp
    19 KB · Views: 158
  • 1441229562270.webp
    1441229562270.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 1441229574190.webp
    1441229574190.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 157
I have found some stuff similar to that here in NC out in the creek. I would say it is volcanic as I believe mine are from the formation.
 

Attachments

  • 20150902_174152.webp
    20150902_174152.webp
    349.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Nice! Arkansas has the crater of diamonds which of course is/was volcanic, but I live 60 miles north of the mine. Probably travelled down the river or something. It would be nice it the quartz looking stuff was diamonds:)
 
I agree with that. We live in the Kings Mountain belt which was an ancient volcano so I wonder if some of the stuff I find isn't from it. I am always finding thing's that look like diamonds.
 

Attachments

  • 2015-09-02 12.10.47.webp
    2015-09-02 12.10.47.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 2015-09-02 17.21.37.webp
    2015-09-02 17.21.37.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 158
I always check them. I have a pile of suspected stones. It is definitely a love/hate relationship. My wife thinks I am crazy for keeping all of them.
 
Not. Basaltic or even slag. Meteorites will not have "vugs" (gaseous holes) TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom