W.Tx. Weapons Cache, Cptbil

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
cpt tried to find your orginal post you couldn;t cut and paste the link could ye......it sounds like an interesting story....why not write it up for publicaton?

HH Vrent

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
It's There!
Just ask
The FBI
The ATF
The Texas Dept. of Public Safety (State Police)!
AND!
THE MOLE!

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Jake"
Please be careful of what you say !
OR!

"They'll"? remove this Topic as "they" did with the other topic,? ?:o
Topic was:
? ? ? ? ? "Fed. agents visit Cptbil"?

They might remove "YOU!"? :o NEXT!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Captbill, I'm glad it was removed. The conversation got carried away. We should talk more TREASURE and less politics.
I would, however, like to know how the Australian citizens feel about losing their gun rights. Someone mentioned that Americans are stereotyped as always squawking about rights.
I should post in appropriate forum. :D

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
B.C.H. :
How do the "Aussies" feel about losing their "RIGHTS" ?

A Wimp IS! a Wimp IS! a Wimp !

Before you get all " uppidy " !
I have three years, That's, 36 months of my life spent in Actual! COMBAT!
I volunteered to return to Vietnam after I was shipped back to the "States" ! :P
That was , After the first year and a half (18 months)
AND! Then! I spent another 18 months in combat !
I know the
:-\ COST of FREEDM! :'(

It reminds me every day of my life & for the rest of my life! >:(
Hundreds of my FELLOW MARINES didn't make it back, EVER!

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you're the resident expert in time spent in Nam you should know better than most the real reputation of the Aussies. If you think we're wimps thats your perogitive but I'll let our actions speak for themselves.

With regard to losing gun rights it hasn't been the wild west here for a long time. They have banned certain weapons such as a lot of semi-autos and handguns unless your a member of a gun club but its not a big deal. Sure you have to have a gun licence to have a rifle and a gunsafe to put it/them in but surely thats not so different than a lot of US states. Aside from a heap of deadly snakes we don't run into hazards such as bears, big cats or mexican illegals when out prospecting and we're generally not paranoid that the government is out to get us.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Harry-Morant, Thanks for responding. So the average citizen CAN own a gun? What exactly is a gun club? The far majority of US states has NO restrictions or registrations, unless your a dealer or want to own an automatic, then you need a licsense.
If your gov't has a list of owners, they can take the guns away if the laws change again.

" The possession of arms is the distinction between a free man and a slave." -1775

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of us don't talk much about it; we were there and we are brothers; enough said.

"OUR RESIDENT EXPERT ON VIETNAM"? was perhaps just blowing off some steam; I hope that
is all it was.

To our brothers in Australia, sorry.

If your a U.S. citizen and not aware of it, go to
http://www.awm.gov.au/atwar/vietnam.htm
or
http://www.thecasualtylist.com/

all have a good un.....
WELCOME HOME BROTHERS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS
1ST INFANTRY DIVISION,? Republic Of Vietnam, 1967 -1968.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
What exactly is a gun club?

? bigcypresshunter , You Don't have Gun Clubs in Florida ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Or Do you Believe MABY theirs are Different.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Here in My County alone, there is a Gun Club in Every Township, and in some cases Several.
? ?Here Gun Clubs consist of a Bar Room, Some games of Chance, Targets for Shooting,
Clay Pigeons, & Live Pigeon Shoots, 3D Hunts, Goat Hunts, Boar Hunts etc. They also Run Classes for Kids to Learn Gun Safety, and Practice their
Hunting Skills. ETC.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Thanks to:
Harry Morant & to Shermanville:

For GIVING ME! The Title of:

RESIDENT EXPERT on VIETNAM

(note: see Their replies, # 9 & # 11 )

AS! I have certainly never taken the LIBERTY! , & never mentioned this "Expert Rating" in any of my "posts" ! ;D
Thanks Guys! ::)

CptBil

2nd Bn 4th Mar 1st Mar Brigade Republic of Vietnam 1965 - 1967 I Corps
3nd Bn 4th Mar Rgt 3rd Mar Div FMF "
3rd Bn 7th Mar Rgt 3rd Mar Div "
Hq Co Hq Bn 2nd Mar Div FMF "
3rd Bn 7th Mar 1st Mar Div FMF "
Bn Ldg Team 2/4 "
1st Mar Exp. Force Republic of Vietnam 1965 - 1967 I Corps

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I suppose they have gun clubs in Fla. somewhere. Maybe theirs are different. I'm only asking bcause I'm curious. I mean the Aussies no disrespect. I didn't understand. I guess its like:? buy a licsense, join a MD club, and then you can own a Metal Detector.? Then we can keep track of you all, in case we want to outlaw them and have to collect them.? Does that sound paranoid?? ;)
Maybe Harry is right about us Americans being paranoid. ;D

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigc

I don't know if it is still happening in England but when I was there in the 70's a household could not have a televsion set in their home without having a license for it.? The Government had ways to detect if a house was receiving a televison signal, a simple records check after that could tell them if the televison was legal or not.

They have a totally different set of rules/laws across the pond for things that we take for granted over here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
I suppose they have gun clubs in Fla. somewhere. Maybe theirs are different. I'm only asking bcause I'm curious. I mean the Aussies no disrespect. I didn't understand. I guess its like:? buy a licsense, join a MD club, and then you can own a Metal Detector.? Then we can keep track of you all, in case we want to outlaw them and have to collect them.? Does that sound paranoid?? ;)
Maybe Harry is right about us Americans being paranoid. ;D

? Put it this way.

You Either got a Choice "paranoia", so you keep your Eyes & Ears open. And the Laws Never come to pass
? ? ? ? ?"Stupidity", And They Sneak the Laws in, while you are looking the other way.

Which do you Prefer ?

K

Kentucky Kache

Las Vegas Bob said:
Bigc

I don't know if it is still happening in England but when I was there? in the 70's a household could not have a televsion set in their home without having a license for it.? The Government had ways to detect if a house was receiving a televison signal, a simple records check after that could tell them if the televison was legal or not.

They have a totally different set of rules/laws across the pond for things that we take for granted over here.

Sounds pretty much the same as here, just different items.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a National Sporting Shooters Association to which most gun clubs are affiliated with. Its only with pistols that you need to be a member of the club. All weapons are meant to be registered but thats only a problem if you're a crim ;D. From time to time we get weapon caches dug up of banned weapons but its not that common. There may be a lot out there but when you've only got a population of 20 million in a country the size of continental USA there's a lot more room to hide things. ::)

In case any of my earlier posts have been mis-constued I am firmly pro-US - so I'm not trying to have a go at your constitution or your rights. Gun rights aren't such a huge issue here with the general Aussie but we still have a fight on our hands with the greenies trying to get areas put off limits for recreational purposes and the occasional state government giving them support here ands there.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry_Morant said:
but we still have a fight on our hands with the greenies trying to get areas put off limits for recreational purposes and the occasional state government giving them support here ands there.

We are having the same problem over here, they (the greenies as you put it) are trying to ban jet skis from being used on our lakes, they have banned snow mobile usage from certain areas, they are giving migratory birds and animals more rights then a human being, they are grabbing up huge tracks of land here as well, to save them for "future generations" what a load of rubbish that is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread