What's new

Walked a couple hours for half of a half dollar 1877 !!

Oldrvrrat57

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
994
Reaction score
6,476
Golden Thread
1
Location
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hit one of my permissions for about 2 hours today and was blessed with my first silver from this homestead, looks like the home burnt and that is what I believe damaged this 1877 half dollar. Only other keeper was a pin from the SSS club has a shoe on it making me think it was a dance club!
1000008515.webp
1000008516.webp
 
Upvote 37
Looks more like 60%! Prob about $30.00 in silver in that 60%, too. Great pocket and conversation piece.
 
Nice Half. I found an 1856 Seated half with very fine detail. Except where someone put a square nail thru.
 
Hit one of my permissions for about 2 hours today and was blessed with my first silver from this homestead, looks like the home burnt and that is what I believe damaged this 1877 half dollar. Only other keeper was a pin from the SSS club has a shoe on it making me think it was a dance club! View attachment 2245565View attachment 2245566
Great half! interested what you find on the button/token. I found one in NE IN, fall of 24. Only other one listed on token catalog was from San Antonio TX. Got to be more out there, awesome hunt
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20241117_010229218.webp
    PXL_20241117_010229218.webp
    519.5 KB · Views: 39
Great half! interested what you find on the button/token. I found one in NE IN, fall of 24. Only other one listed on token catalog was from San Antonio TX. Got to be more out there, awesome hunt
Haven't found much on it, looks like it was a club pin and on the back it says Newark NJ
 
Still a nice find. I have walked a lot farther for a LOT LESS :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom