wall paper paper

sniadecki

Aug 10, 2009
virginia
Detector(s) used
tesoro teknetics whites
Well i just found this topic and it made me think of something that happen to my family when i was a Kid.
My grandfather had died and my dad and aunt were cleaning out his house before selling it. All five of us kids were helping out(not) .My kid brother sees a corner of a piece of wall paper curled up..He runs over and starts pulling on it. My old man was having a heart attack until what do we see behind the wall paper? A total of $58000.00 in $50 and $20.00 dollar bill pasted to the plaster.Back the 1964 That was like $250K .Anyway my dad stripped every room of paper made us kids climb into ever cubby hole in the place.We didn't find anything else but what a haul . My dad was a cop (making $11k a year) and we go out a build a house that back the was a mansion $35K .It still there today and just sold for $600K.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Women use to sew rolls of pennies in the bottom of drapes for weights.. :wink:

When a neighbor lady died her kids found several thousand dollars in several of her kitchen aprons pockets she had hung in her closet. :blob7:

My wife found a hundred bucks in old 20's behind the range hood vent where it went up through the cabinets (we had bought the house as rental property and this was 20 years later)... :angel7:

As a young kid my dad had some rental property and we were removing an old blackboard from the basement wall, when a couple of bucks fell out that had been stashed behind, and to a kid that got 25 cents a week for an allowance this was a fortune!!! :tongue1:

People tend to hide money in strange places, and anytime someone of the WWII era passes look everywhere. Many of them are veterans of the great depression and they routinely hid money for a rainy day, think not look at the treasure in the news section.... :wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread