War of 1812 NY Militia Plate!!!!!!...1819 LC

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I went out with some friends for a few hours...We went to one of my buddies spots...It was all woods and walls :icon_thumleft:
After about an hour of digging cans and shot gun shells i got a sweet tone...1819 LC...I was pretty happy right then...But as it got dark i turned on the head lamp and continued...I decided to stay around the area where i found the LC...Glad i did...I got a loud can signal, figured i should dig it so i wouldnt have to deal with it later...I dug and couldnt believe i was looking at a plate!!! It is a find of a lifetime for me and my favorite find...I took Iron Patches advice and dry cleaned only...it looks great and im EXTREMLY Happy with this plate...As there is a good chance i will not dig a second one... :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• eagle plate.jpg
    eagle plate.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,347
  • cleaned plate.jpg
    cleaned plate.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 1819lc.jpg
    1819lc.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,344
Upvote 3

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unreal!!!Big congrats!!

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the awesome plate, I hope to experience the feeling of digging up a piece of significance history like that some day, WTG, :icon_thumright: Banner !

TommNJ

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty! ....and I could never suggest cleaning on something like that because even that can somewhat get lost in translation. I certainly wouldn't want to be the one who made a suggestion that took a find down a notch.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A real beauty, congrat's on the find. :icon_thumright:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a BEAUTY Brian!!! :thumbsup:

Don

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for all your kind words...I feel extremly lucky to find such a great piece of history...Thanks for all the banner votes too...Like creeper said there is one already there, so i doubt this will make it up there...I dont mind because it is a find of a lifetime for me...And it looks great in my collection :icon_thumleft: ....

Thanks again....Brian W

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't want to dig a can signal???!!! An aluminum can signal at an OLD site is one of the GREATEST signals in the World! I love 'em, and my heart starts to race when I get one! Very seldom do they turn out to be cans. :wink: ;D

Excellent job on the cleaning. Dry cleaning is what was needed. The patina looks a bit fragile, and the dry cleaning did the trick.

That's a stellar find!

Cheers,

Buckles

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Brian W said:
Thanks for all your kind words...I feel extremly lucky to find such a great piece of history...Thanks for all the banner votes too...Like creeper said there is one already there, so i doubt this will make it up there...I dont mind because it is a find of a lifetime for me...And it looks great in my collection :icon_thumleft: ....

Thanks again....Brian W

I still think that the plate should be up top. It is a little different than mine and deserves a spot. There are four deserving gold coins.........

Banner or not you have one of the BEST finds I have seen !

VPR

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a beautiful find!!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Brian W said:

Thanks again....Brian W

I still think that the plate should be up top. It is a little different than mine and deserves a spot. There are four deserving gold coins.........

Banner or not you have one of the BEST finds I have seen !

VPR
well said, its not a thing of timing and when it was found........ but the find its self, got my Banner vote!!!!......

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks again for the nice replies... Banner or not, it wont change how i feel about this find...i am VERY happy with it. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions