Status
Not open for further replies.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha!
I would rather something shiny turn up with a documented tie.
Been a lot of minds turning it over a long time.
Wonder if any original thoughts are even left to ponder.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely hope not?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha!
I would rather something shiny turn up with a documented tie.
Been a lot of minds turning it over a long time.
Wonder if any original thoughts are even left to ponder.
Just the same ground ploughed and turned over and with all that cultivation the same clods turn up.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have found a whole "New Ground" and I have been plowing the hell out of it. About to put me blind reading papers and then researching on the computer. I was on the computer and reading papers at my home yesterday for over 14 hours. Found a lot of interesting things. First, Thomas Beale left Fincastle over something other than a duel. I found the reason yesterday. But the reasons I found could have led to a duel. Also, does anyone think it strange that Robert Morriss came to Lynchburg, Va. at about the same time that James Beverly Risque came to Lynchburg from Fincastle and at the same time Thomas Beale left Fincastle for New Orleans all in 1809. What could have been the reason? And why did he leave a young son with his mother and later his son shows up in New Orleans also to run the business.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell us more, Franklin.

It would be hard to place it all in to words. Since, I know that the two Thomas Beale's both Senior and Junior neither were the Thomas J. Beale that is supposed to bury a treasure in Bedford County, Virginia. It was just interesting to read what others thought of the two gentlemen. Why they died young is never stated at least I have not read it yet. I do know that Junior came to New Orleans about the same time that his father bought the Plantation. Eye witnesses that knew them both say that Senior died in September, 1820 and Junior died a little after July 24th, 1823 the day he made a next to final payment on the plantation. The final payment was made by the Manager of the Planter's and Merchants Hotel. Junior built the house on the plantation after his father died. He also moved from Charters Street Hotel to the Planter's and Merchant's Hotel and did fantastic business in 1821 and 1822 but the business started dying down in 1823 the year that he died. I have all the Manager's names, the Plantation boss' name over the servants and slaves of the Plantation. It also mentioned that Senior got sick and died on the Plantation in 1820. I can not explain everything but there is no mention of either of them coming to Virginia. Senior did owe a debt in Pennsylvania and another debt in South Carolina for a thousand acres of land. All the debts were paid in full. The one hundred and twenty four thousand that Junior was in debt for was the notes to his father for the hotels and plantation which he had no reason to pay. I just thought it was interesting to read. i felt like I had found a gold mine while I was reading these notes. I made copies of some the rest is scanned and saved in my computer. Some of it I have not even read. Reading about Thomas Beale Senior made me think I was reading about Donald Trump. He and his son were very savvy businessmen.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It would be hard to place it all in to words. Since, I know that the two Thomas Beale's both Senior and Junior neither were the Thomas J. Beale that is supposed to bury a treasure in Bedford County, Virginia. It was just interesting to read what others thought of the two gentlemen. Why they died young is never stated at least I have not read it yet. I do know that Junior came to New Orleans about the same time that his father bought the Plantation. Eye witnesses that knew them both say that Senior died in September, 1820 and Junior died a little after July 24th, 1823 the day he made a next to final payment on the plantation. The final payment was made by the Manager of the Planter's and Merchants Hotel. Junior built the house on the plantation after his father died. He also moved from Charters Street Hotel to the Planter's and Merchant's Hotel and did fantastic business in 1821 and 1822 but the business started dying down in 1823 the year that he died. I have all the Manager's names, the Plantation boss' name over the servants and slaves of the Plantation. It also mentioned that Senior got sick and died on the Plantation in 1820. I can not explain everything but there is no mention of either of them coming to Virginia. Senior did owe a debt in Pennsylvania and another debt in South Carolina for a thousand acres of land. All the debts were paid in full. The one hundred and twenty four thousand that Junior was in debt for was the notes to his father for the hotels and plantation which he had no reason to pay. I just thought it was interesting to read. i felt like I had found a gold mine while I was reading these notes. I made copies of some the rest is scanned and saved in my computer. Some of it I have not even read. Reading about Thomas Beale Senior made me think I was reading about Donald Trump. He and his son were very savvy businessmen.

on a facebook page i see were sr could have faked his death, but i think the real guy is thomas beal not the one from new orleans.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Thomas J Beale is the character of the Beale Papers, not Beal, Bell, or any other variation.
Once one departs from the narrative text of the job pamphlet, one enters the realm of making the provided Beale story fit ones theory, and that always leads to the rabbit hole that takes you to the yellow brick road then onto the lost highway and back again on an endless Mobius trip.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I know that the two Thomas Beale's both Senior and Junior neither were the Thomas J. Beale that is supposed to bury a treasure in Bedford County, Virginia... Reading about Thomas Beale Senior made me think I was reading about Donald Trump. He and his son were very savvy businessmen.
Did he say he was going to build a huge levee around New Orleans and make the Baratarian Pirates pay for it?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Making the story relate able to the readers ,in an almost tangible manner by using know geography goes far in acceptance of what is being offered.
Ciphers aside ,hey, we know where Beaufords is. Here's my coins ,gimmie one of them " books"!

Competition as strong a motivator as the hope of an undeserved windfall.
Doing right by any potential party members families most likely may have been the farthest thing from pamphlet buyers minds...
Including the names known to the 1885 Lynchburg buying public combined with the possible windfall if one could solve the ciphers is a powerful inducement for purchase, and only the wary reader would question if the story, based on the alleged letters from Beale to Morriss, as true.
The title, as copyrighted by Ward, only states that the work contains "authentic statements" by this "unknown author", that is not the same as stating the work contains "true statements".

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thomas J Beale is the character of the Beale Papers, not Beal, Bell, or any other variation.
Once one departs from the narrative text of the job pamphlet, one enters the realm of making the provided Beale story fit one's theory, and that always leads to the rabbit hole that takes you to the yellow brick road then onto the lost highway and back again on an endless Mobius trip.

sorry that is not correct, but if you believe the story is exactly true to how it was in the papers, that's ok. the truth is the story from 1822 and the handing down of the story in the book is not what happened for real. too much extra information to help sell the book and draw out the person who had the letter they needed to work the ciphers. beal is the last name of thomas and it shows in the ciphers as beal. the old man morriss was mentally impaired and as old as he was most of what he said is just open to interpretation.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"shows in the ciphers" as Beal?
From whose decoding of which cipher?

the one of the two that said they did it. and it shows beal as his name, not beale. everyone has been looking for the wrong beale all this time. the beale papers spelled his name wrong and the ciphers have it correct. only someone who cracked the code would know that.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been many who have claimed to have "cracked" either one or both of the remaining codes, and interestingly, all the solutions are not the same.
Did this unnamed someone who cracked the code have a limerick or epitaph along with the Beal spelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread