What's new

was pretty happy with this one, and more help from tnet experts

rivernomad44

Full Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
please take a look at the gray ones and white one , point id would be nice a well i was thinking kirk corner notched or snyders (hopewell) 048.webp050.webp052.webp054.webp056.webp057.webp059.webp
 

Attachments

  • 049.webp
    049.webp
    176.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 051.webp
    051.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
The last 2 are knifes/ scrapers, the narrow end would go into a handle. Nice finds and show some good flaking on them.
 
Last edited:
100_2025.webpI found these and I hope you dont mind me showing them to you. These are scrapers made from quartz and are close to what you have found. Mine are a lot more rustic than yours. These would of been hafted to a handle.
The one on the far left is a knife of sorts all of these are unifacial.
 
no thank you rock , i figured it was but just havent really seen anything like it, im here to learn i hope people dont mind me asking questions every weekend but everybodys got to start somewhere
 
I love the teaching here! Post away. Nice finds.
 
I dont mind you asking or showing cause I like to see what you have found. And if I have the same type I will show mine to help ID for both of us. I have some really cool quartz items in all different shapes.
 
Usually would call that a utilized flake or a flake knife. As with other less aestetically pleasing artifacts I think they're under appreciated as finds. Nice work,
 
thanks twitch i agree
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom