Breezie
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 3, 2009
- Messages
- 6,278
- Reaction score
- 2,120
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Watch out for those ROOTS! Some CW finds & 
Hey, Hopefully everyone had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. After the dinner crowd thinned out, I was able to go MD-ing at a CW battleground, which had been beat pretty hard, but I managed to drag home a few items. Some of which I know, and some are
. I thought the root growing through the eyelet of the flat button was pretty cool. Could the iron piece be something off of a musket or pistol? The photos really don't do it justice. I broke part of the round area off while trying to clean off some rust. Also, I'm wondering if I found a bayonette or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Breezie

Hey, Hopefully everyone had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. After the dinner crowd thinned out, I was able to go MD-ing at a CW battleground, which had been beat pretty hard, but I managed to drag home a few items. Some of which I know, and some are
. I thought the root growing through the eyelet of the flat button was pretty cool. Could the iron piece be something off of a musket or pistol? The photos really don't do it justice. I broke part of the round area off while trying to clean off some rust. Also, I'm wondering if I found a bayonette or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Breezie
hello Neighbor.
Those are modern cow ties. You need to search the old mail order catalogs. Who says books are obsolete?
I imagine they (rough locks) could have been used in many different applications and are still used today. I guess a cow tie is the name for the complete chain, ring and rough lock.
The same thing happened to me when I GOOGLED Cow Ties! Of course, I've had worse to show up . . .like the time I was trying to find pics of the difference between CW sock garters & women's GARTER BELT hooks. I won't post those pics; lol. Thanks ya'll for all the help. It's soaking now, so hopefully more rust will fall off. Breezie







