russau
Gold Member
- Joined
- May 29, 2005
- Messages
- 9,548
- Reaction score
- 10,849
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- St. Louis, missouri
- #1
Thread Owner
Im assuming that once a person installs a wetsuit heater onto their dredge engine you MUST keep water running through it even it you are NOT going to use the warm water when diving. The way Im thinking , when the engine is running without water running through it, the copper lines that are brazed to the muffler would crystalize and crack because of the heat involved and cause for failure of that system. I would like to make / purchase a system for my 4 inch Keene dredge even if I cant move around good enough to use it. Maybe I could get enough people wanting to learn about dredging to try it out OR make this dredge VERY desirable for someone wanting to buy a dredge with options. Ive ordered the Gold Hog mats for it CAUSE I want to see how they do V.R.S. the current setup as a over under dredge with Veranda carpet. Hoser turned me on to this carpet some time back and I really like it! Thankyou John!! I bought this dredge early Fall of this year from my GOOD FRIEND Leonard Leeper and have been fixing it up to its GLORY
Ive used this dredge all over the Country with Leonard BUT he says its time to hand it up ! Its probly way past time for me to hang it up also BUT I want to give er heck one more time this Spring / Summer to see if I can still cut it ! Ive had a GREAT TIME and meet a lot of great people and Im still learning from some really talented people . Clubs come and go BUT friends last forever !
Ive used this dredge all over the Country with Leonard BUT he says its time to hand it up ! Its probly way past time for me to hang it up also BUT I want to give er heck one more time this Spring / Summer to see if I can still cut it ! Ive had a GREAT TIME and meet a lot of great people and Im still learning from some really talented people . Clubs come and go BUT friends last forever !


Have all the pieces lined up in a row but many MANY pics to look through hahaha. Valves are dangerous as they get plugged with slime,tiny rocks and you get burned. Must use a water filter prior to heat exchanger as yet another great spot for a plug up. John
He is my last living mining partner on our Yuba River claim. 








