Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! I got my first scoop from RTG - 6" monster, Stainless. This thing is huge, and works great! I'm getting good at scooping with low visibility.

Anyways, I water hunted for 8 hours straight. No even a water break! I was having so much fun at a very busy lake in downtown Seattle. I was just traversing the shore, and taking to people who were curious!

So, in different spots I pulled 1974 Ike, a 2000 sac dollar, a 1976 half. I thought it was awesome that I got one of every denomination! I was thinking about an Ike right when I saw it in the scoop. So weird!! Also, what a feeling to see that large coin in he muck in the scoop.

The walker was found at a swimming hole, buzzing with activity. Some Pokemon players came up and were curious, and I was telling them it was a slow day, and then wham! A black large coin - my first water silver!!

3 wheaties and a 1939 Canadian cent were also pulled. A small sterling ring too. This post finally feels like its up to par with the rest of the tnet crew.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here are my other finds from the summer. Real diamond in that ring!
image.jpeg

Upvote 7

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt CF !! Great coins. Especially the silver, nothing like big silver to put the icing on the day, not to mention the jewelry...nice to see people curious and asking questions and learning about our great hobby..great post and pics, thx for sharing...ddf

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CoinFetcher, First congrats on your finds. One of my friends also found an Ike this year. Nice silver also. I think the only Ike I ever found was at a football stadium where I believe it was used as a flip coin.

As for being up to par with others, why compete? I post my finds whether I find something big or not. Not many can find spots like I do. I enjoy the single silver coin or ring as much as the hoards of stuff others find.

Have you heard the saying that no matter how good you are, there is always somebody better? Also you don't have to be good to find a spot with silver and gold hiding in it. You have to be in the right spot at the right time.

One of my wading friends went to a beach that was absolutely void of targets but kept swinging anyway. He was rewarded with not one but two gold rings in his scoop. It was a wedding set recently lost. Only target he got in the swim area. Just because he found it doesn't make him better than others. Lucky that he was in the right place at the right time and he didn't give up, for sure.

We all have great days and not so great days. Yesterday I found only 3 silver dimes. Not a great day but I still posted.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you feel you have to have banner finds to be accepted on here you are mistaken. Nobody has to be up to par with anyone else. The people that have to have banner finds find themselves lying about their finds and posting bought finds. When I first came here, there was one of those people that was well respected on here. He is now banned. It was proven he bought the last banner find on E-Bay.

This site is to help others, show off your REAL finds to the world and enjoy others knowledge. Not to compete. I wish you more big silver and some nice gold trinkets. (Just make sure you stay out of my water here in Michigan!)

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everything you said here. I have not come close to anything considered a banner. If I can find one silver coin on a hunt I am happy. My next to last hunt, I found 3 Mercs and that was the most silver I have found on one hunt in my 40 plus years of mding. I have found some nice gold rings at the beach, but they come few and far between.
CoinFetcher, First congrats on your finds. One of my friends also found an Ike this year. Nice silver also. I think the only Ike I ever found was at a football stadium where I believe it was used as a flip coin.

As for being up to par with others, why compete? I post my finds whether I find something big or not. Not many can find spots like I do. I enjoy the single silver coin or ring as much as the hoards of stuff others find.

Have you heard the saying that no matter how good you are, there is always somebody better? Also you don't have to be good to find a spot with silver and gold hiding in it. You have to be in the right spot at the right time.

One of my wading friends went to a beach that was absolutely void of targets but kept swinging anyway. He was rewarded with not one but two gold rings in his scoop. It was a wedding set recently lost. Only target he got in the swim area. Just because he found it doesn't make him better than others. Lucky that he was in the right place at the right time and he didn't give up, for sure.

We all have great days and not so great days. Yesterday I found only 3 silver dimes. Not a great day but I still posted.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you feel you have to have banner finds to be accepted on here you are mistaken. Nobody has to be up to par with anyone else. The people that have to have banner finds find themselves lying about their finds and posting bought finds. When I first came here, there was one of those people that was well respected on here. He is now banned. It was proven he bought the last banner find on E-Bay.

This site is to help others, show off your REAL finds to the world and enjoy others knowledge. Not to compete. I wish you more big silver and some nice gold trinkets. (Just make sure you stay out of my water here in Michigan!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions