What's new

Water Hunting Near 3 Tampa Bay Causeways

Overkill Overkill

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
76
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Just wanted to see if ya'll have any experience you'd be willing to share regarding hunting near the Courtney Campbell Causeway, the Howard Franklin Bridge, or the Gandy Boulevard Bridge. I suppose there's a lot of fishing-related trash, but have you had any success there? I know when I used to live near there, people would congregate and party there.

Also, wanted to see if anyone in the Tampa Bay area has an Excalibur I or II they'd be willing to rent out to me for about a 3-4 day period in about one week? If so, please e-mail me privately. Thanks, Overkill Overkill
 
Upvote 0
gl with that one .i wouldnt touch those places with a 10ft pole.not sayin there aint gold there but you have to dig through 300lbs of trash to "mabie" find 1 gold
 
Hey, my father(kingpulltab) and I have found gold there in the past. Whenever we go there we usually find something but I don't reccomend it for a beginner. Soooo much trash there and some shady characters as well. My father has an Excalibur, I'll ask about renting it, how much u paying? And if u break it u buy it my friend!

Crackbadger
 
I have found several pieces of gold there, including a nice diamond earring, but I certainly would not recommend it to someone who has no experience at all with the detector or water hunting.

Although your not going to learn the tones of the Excal in 3 or 4 days, I have a spare Excal, $600 $1000 cash security deposit and $100 a day rental.....

Hey CB :hello: how is it going....?
 
CRACKBADGER said:
Hey, my father(kingpulltab) and I have found gold there in the past. Whenever we go there we usually find something but I don't reccomend it for a beginner. Soooo much trash there and some shady characters as well. My father has an Excalibur, I'll ask about renting it, how much u paying? And if u break it u buy it my friend!

Crackbadger
As for renting any detector to someone you don't know, I'd require a Thousand dollar deposit on an Excal. :tongue3:
 
Sandman said:
CRACKBADGER said:
Hey, my father(kingpulltab) and I have found gold there in the past. Whenever we go there we usually find something but I don't reccomend it for a beginner. Soooo much trash there and some shady characters as well. My father has an Excalibur, I'll ask about renting it, how much u paying? And if u break it u buy it my friend!

Crackbadger
As for renting any detector to someone you don't know, I'd require a Thousand dollar deposit on an Excal. :tongue3:

On second though I think Sandman is correct on the deposit, mine was based on what I had in it, not the replacement value.......
 
OK, thanks for the helpful feedback. It sounds like hunting near these areas is not worth the effort.
 
well if all else fails, there is a place on Gandy that offers free beer................................................................tomorrow :tongue3:
 
I believe there is a water treatment plant near one of the sites you mention. There is tons of garbage on the Clearwater side. We stopped by there a few times, I couldn't believe the large pieces of aluminum siding in the water.

Be careful at some of the hidden beaches on the Tampa side. If you drive in and see bullet holes and graffiti, best to go to another site.

There's more to be found at the coastal beaches. I'm not saying that you won't find anything at the places you mention. I've found a few things at these sites.
 
davest said:
well if all else fails, there is a place on Gandy that offers free beer................................................................tomorrow :tongue3:
FREE BEER :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom