What's new

Ways to save money in depressed times

Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
You can make shoes last twice as long by only wearing them every other day :icon_thumleft:


And combine that with not walking at all to the beer store. ;D




I've got to spend the money I save on shoes somewhere :laughing7:
 
shaun7 said:
Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:
You can make shoes last twice as long by only wearing them every other day :icon_thumleft:


And combine that with not walking at all to the beer store. ;D




I've got to spend the money I save on shoes somewhere :laughing7:


Good point! :occasion14:
 
:icon_thumleft: Reuse the bags you get in the grocery store, they are great and so handy, we use them for Chug's lunch at work, we use them to line our smaller trashcans, like in the bathroom, and next to our pc's, we also use them when we detect, for the garbage we find, makes it so much easier to carry. ;D When people see the trash you pick up, they are amazed by all the broken glass, which helps to show our hobby is a great one to have, your finding treasure, and cleaning up too !Hair conditioner will work for shaving if you have no shaving cream. You can water down your conditioner to make it last longer. :wink: Thrift shops are a great way to get new clothes, at alot less then the bigger stores, styles change so fast, and clothes are expensive! ::) One thing we do is buy meat in bulk, you save money and can get several meals with one pack! ;D Red :hello:
 
Navy Dude said:
CaptainRobin said:
I'll vote, I do in EVERY county/state/federal election. Live in the woods, so no municipality elections. Just ain't decided who will be the best canidate at this point. I'm "an independant", not affilated with any party, so my vote won't count for much other than my own sense of just and rightousness. We'll see what next year brings. But I WILL vote.
Robin

Aye Aye Captain, with you on all that.
The ? is --- Is there a candidate ?
Hmmmm. Im thinking that my dog "Tater" is a good right in.

I bet ol Tater would be a good way to clean those dirty dishes, also. If ya dont send him to congress!!!!!
LOL
 
CaptainRobin said:
Navy Dude... I'm just an old Combat Engineer, A NCO 20 years on the ground. No reason to "Aye, Aye" me, don't even liked being called,"sir" or Mister. I'm Robin, cut&died. I've let my USCG liscene expire. Used to shrimp daily in season. Piloted a trawl boat. Tossed a 12 foot radius cast net. Caught the dickins outta shrimp. Children who aren't family think I'm a pirate, hence CaptainRobin... since I did at one point have a Captain's License and piloeted a shrimp boat. Kinda screwy, but I'm honest, don't want anything you may have, won't tolerate thieves, liars, abusers, users. Just wanna be a good man, help my neighbors if they need it, love my wife.
Robin
I am not a "sir" also. I flew the Hover boats (LCAC's what a blast, Mchales Navy) Deckhand on Salmon charter boat. Honest, Good Pirate kind a guy too.
 
When buying fruit by the pound, buy grapes instead of apples. Apples are much heavier.
 
You can save your grass clippings to make a full grass skirt wardrobe for next summer. With dyes, you can make them any color you want. Fashionable in the islands, I have heard. Prunings from your trees can be used to burn in a woodstove once they are dried. You can add water to fruit juices to make them last longer, it also cuts down on the amount of sugar you are getting. In the dark ages, most folks kept a kettle sitting on the stove. Every day they would add a few vegetables to it and kept a stew or soup made all the time. Very little costs to add to a stew every day. Join a community watch, and when it is your turn, you can read all the newspapers and magazines you want from your neighbors mailboxes. Be sure to return them as it is a federal crime to steal mail. rockhound :laughing7:
 
Where ya been Spart?

One of the thriftiest things you can do to save on the food bill is...

be like a bird and regurgitate your meals to feed your kids. It takes a little getting used to but they'll learn to like it! :thumbsup:

And if your gonna own a dog make sure it's a sh!t eater! :laughing7:
 
Vote the other person in office and let them know that they won't be in office long enough to be complacent for raising tax's several times on their watch for frivolous projects.
 
Stop using deoderant, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, razors,
in turn you will lost friends, & won't have to go visit as often, saving gas. :laughing7:
That will result in less 'wear & tear' on your vehicle & tires, plus giving you more 'alone time' to reflect on more ways to save money.
While you are thinking of new ways to save, you won't need books, magazines, or newspapers, & can throw out your t.v. & computer, resulting in even more savings.
Since you go out less, you can save by not buying clothing & shoes & heat only one room of your house,
eventually your wife or girlfriend will get tired of your 'BO', whiskers, bad breath, & being cold, & leave, saving you even more money. :tongue3:
Then you can sit at home, friendless, wifeless, unshaven, stinky & cold, with lots of money. :thumbsup:
Fossis............
 
Claim to be an illegal immigrant. Get every thing for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Seems to work for them.
 
Christmas season is upon us and there is no better way to save money than to re-gift.. Get the unwanted presents from last year, re-wrap, re-tag and voila, you're in business. :tongue3:

P.S. When re-gifting, try and make sure you don't return the present to the original party :laughing9:
 
WOW! Awesome ideas! Thanks!

Some of the suggestions offered above were actually used during the Great Depression.

But for today I couldn't come up with any legal ideas.
 
never fill your cars gas tank more than half full -- it is just dead weight to carry * the more weight your car weights the less mpg you will get from lugging the excess weight around-- think 10 gals of gas at say 6-7 lbs per gal 60-70 lbs - so do not "filler up" unless you get a great price on it :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom