What's new

WBCo 9 Padlock ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,821
Reaction score
76,260
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posting this for DKinPA

Any Clues ?

Picture 007.webp
Picture 008.webp
 
The 9 is just the shape of the key.
 
Upvote 0
The 9 is the shape of the key. Seem an unusual shape for a key. Don't have any padlock reference books, but based the WBCo and the keyhole shape would look in that direction.
 
Upvote 0
We should have a padlock forum.
 
Upvote 0
Here's the answer I got from Wilson Bohannan regarding the lock:

Hi Dave!

I believe it is a Wilson Bohannan lock. WB listed the Company information on the shackle part of the lock that I guess you didn't find. I would say by the logo layout that the lock is before the Company moved to Marion, Ohio in 1927. We have gotten inquiries from people who have found the WB locks metal detecting like you in various places over the years.

Enjoy your find!


DK
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Big Gold!
Replies
9
Views
810
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Padlock ID?
Replies
6
Views
646

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom