VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman's Orthopedist told him "NO metal detecting for two weeks and only 30 minutes a day (preferably NO detecting) until his next appointment in May. I guess hunting all day long for two days in Arkansas recently didn't help but Dman would rather have the relics than a rest-LOL. His wife says she's going to take the batteries out of his SE and F75 LTD-LOL.
Josh and I both had business in a nearby town with a large U.S. Camp so I suggested that we hunt 3 hours while we were there. I dragged Josh kicking and screaming to the site as he'd never been to that particular hill-LOL. He asked me yesterday if we had ever found any relics there. I said "only the saddle shield that was pictured in North South Trader's Civil War Magazine and about 100 or more bullets between Dman and myself". He was immediately sold on the site. As we entered the deep woods, I told him that the fired bullets would be near the bottom of the hill and the dropped ones near the top. About an hour into the hunt, I dug the Eagle button in the 2nd picture and had to listen to Josh laughing about how I would be buying lunch for the Trio until Fall as the grass was growing so fast. I had the last laugh when Josh came off the hill as we were leaving and confessed that he had found an Eagle button also. I HAD to call Dman and he can't wait to see Josh. Josh dug the period harness buckle and his first dropped .50 cal. Smith Carbine bullet today. The bullets there have a dark patina even after cleaning and don't look all that hot but we had fun today anyway. Josh had the old "I left my wallet in my truck" excuse and I had to buy lunch anyway. I think Dman wants to discuss that with him too-LOL. Happy Hunting from Dman, Josh, and myself, Quindy.

My YTD CW Relics =173

Attachments

• US Camp with Josh 4-1-11.jpg
    US Camp with Josh 4-1-11.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 839
  • Quindy\'s GS Eagle 4-1-11.jpg
    Quindy\'s GS Eagle 4-1-11.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 844
Upvote 0
I feel bad for D-man :'( But I am happy :) for your and Josh'es eagles :thumbsup: and the nice bunch of lead ! MaineRelic

AWESOME DIGS fellas!I like dark or light patina,who cares yall recovered some great pieces of history there guys.WTG!

Congrats on the nice lead! :hello2:
My ringers come out of the mud clean & black with no patina.
Waiting to dig one with a star :D

Congrats to the "Tenn Trio" on another productive hunt. I'm sure Dman was right there with you in spirit today. :occasion14:
Great job on the buttons. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

Attachments

• Ark__Hunting_party_2011.jpg
    Ark__Hunting_party_2011.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 676
  • Ark__Hunting_party_2011.jpg
    Ark__Hunting_party_2011.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 671
ModernMiner said:
Congrats to the "Tenn Trio" on another productive hunt. I'm sure Dman was right there with you in spirit today. :occasion14:
-Dug-
I am just pointing to the hill where the bullets and buttons are.
Dman

Dman said:
ModernMiner said:
-Dug-
Dman

LMAO!
D- I'm going to get a LOT of mileage out of that photo. :laughing9: :thumbsup:

Ahhh fun hunt and nice relics. I like the old black patina. Adds flavor! Did the eagles come out looking pretty good?
Thanks for sharing yalls hunts!

TnMountains said:
Ahhh fun hunt and nice relics. I like the old black patina. Adds flavor! Did the eagles come out looking pretty good?
Thanks for sharing yalls hunts!
Richard, they were good and solid. Mine even had some gold gilt left on it. i have not talked to Josh since he cleaned his. Mone had no backmark. Thanks fior looking and good luck this weekernd Bud as I know you'll be out hunting, Quindy.

Detectingfreak said:
nice job on the eagle button and bullets! :)
Thanks for looking DF. HH, Quindy.
MaineRelic said:
I feel bad for D-man :'( But I am happy :) for your and Josh'es eagles :thumbsup: and the nice bunch of lead ! MaineRelic
Dman will be OK. He can swing his detector with his good arm but has to use his bad shoulder to dig with. We help him but he digs his own holes too. He has dug about 100 CW relics since Feb. 12th when he was released to hunt. We pushed pretty hard in Arkansas and that didn't help. Thanks for looking MR, Quindy.
Getty said:
AWESOME DIGS fellas!I like dark or light patina,who cares yall recovered some great pieces of history there guys.WTG!
Thanks Getty. Bullets found under cedar trees are the darkest but there aren't many at this site. HH, Quindy.
steelheadwill said:
Congrats on the nice lead! :hello2:
My ringers come out of the mud clean & black with no patina.
Waiting to dig one with a star :D
Herbie, you are more likely to find a Washington Arsenal bullet there than we are. I have found one sword belt brad with a star on it in Tennessee but my only star bullets have come from Virginia. HH Bud, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
-Dug-
Oh he was there in spirit MM. Josh really hated that Dman would give him a bad time about digging the latest Eagle. I am looking forward to your next article being published in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine in the next few months. Maybe your article will come out in the same issue with Dman's article. HH, Q.
Dman said:
ModernMiner said:
-Dug-
Dman
Yeah sure. You were pointing North in that pic made in Arkansas. We weren't hunting North Dakota yesterday-LOl. Q.
ewcoinhunter said:
I love to see the bullets! Great job.
Thanks EW and good coinshooting to you. We appreciate your reply, Quindy.
rtde3 said:
Nice relics Guys! Why are the fired bullets at the bottom of the hill & the drops at the top? :icon_scratch:
Did they have the high ground & the bullets being shot at them fall short at the botom?
Looks like Dman has a bird in hand! ;D
Rob, this was a very large U.S. Camp with nearly 7,000 Union Soldiers stationed there in early 1863. The lower part of the camp was in rocky terrain that was probably never cropped but has always been in woods. I have found drops in the lower section and we did find a brick lined fire pit there so they did some cooking there. I dug a nice carved poker chip with designs carved into it near the lower secrtion too. I can only guess that they walked down to the lower section to unload their guns. The relics there are 7-8 inches deep. The buttons were in the upper heights of the hill but we still recovered fired bullets there too. Thanks and i'm looking forward to your article scheduled to be published in American Digger Magazine this Summer. HH my friend, Quindy.

DD-777 said:
Nice job on the relics guys. Any day out digging is a good one... :icon_thumright:
You are so right Andy. Thanks for looking and good luck next weekend. Don't let MM go APE on everyone-LOL. Maybe Floyd (Seabiscuit) and Sentinel (Josh) can help him with his new F75. HH, Q.

VOL1266-X said:
DD-777 said:
Nice job on the relics guys. Any day out digging is a good one... :icon_thumright:
You are so right Andy. Thanks for looking and good luck next weekend. Don't let MM go APE on everyone-LOL. Maybe Floyd (Seabiscuit) and Sentinel (Josh) can help him with his new F75. HH, Q.

I'll need all the help I can get with the F75.
It will be tough to put down the Mighty Tesoro. Me and "Tessie" have been through a lot together. I hope the Fisher can keep up. LOL.
Does it have a snooze alarm? :sleepy2:
-MM-
(Mental Midget)

VOL1266-X said:
DD-777 said:

You might need to make some flash cards for him to use in the field. I've already made some custom padding for the control box and rods...LOL

Josh will probably skip to the site next time, leave that kicking and screaming for when he digs those awesome finds!!!!!

DD-777 said:
VOL1266-X said:
DD-777 said:

You might need to make some flash cards for him to use in the field. I've already made some custom padding for the control box and rods...LOL
I made him some EZ instructions for the F75 Andy. The rest is up to Floyd & Josh. Thanks, Quindy.
Charlene said:
Josh will probably skip to the site next time, leave that kicking and screaming for when he digs those awesome finds!!!!!
He wants to go back this week Charlene. At least we stayed "tickless". HH, Quindy.

Poor Burt. :-\ I can't believe ya'll would temp him with all those goodies. I think he should at least get to ride along and which ever of the two of you (Brad or Josh) finds the buttons, buys Burts lunch too. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Nana ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back