What's new

Wealthy towns

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Talked to Scuba Steve yesterday and he has been scoring big every week. He picked up four solid rolls of silver this week. Never buys a box,just loose and rolls.
So I asked him what his game plan was and he told me that he hunts in wealthy towns.
 
Upvote 0
I'd have to agree here. I live in Indy and in the well to do area I have found over half of my silver. Hey when you're wealthy who needs pocket change!!!!!!
 
i haven't found anything noteworthy in the wealthier sections
my best finds were in the older sections :icon_scratch:
 
mistergee said:
i haven't found anything noteworthy in the wealthier sections
my best finds were in the older sections :icon_scratch:

Same here :thumbsup:
 
Rich Hartford said:
Talked to Scuba Steve yesterday and he has been scoring big every week. He picked up four solid rolls of silver this week. Never buys a box,just loose and rolls.
So I asked him what his game plan was and he told me that he hunts in wealthy towns.

Eventually hand rolls and loose coins become less plentiful. during my first few months of CRHing it seemed every bank had at least 50-100 for me, now if i find more than $20 at one bank i feel very fortunate. Eventually you have to break down and order boxes, either that or accept what little trickles in here and there.
 
hmmm now that is interesting ... I was thinking along those lines while out crhing earlier this spring ... I called ahead to a bunch of banks to see if they had halves and how many ... on one of my roadtrips I hit a bunch of banks and ran out of time to get to ultra rich area ... I keep thinking that if someone family member passed away they might cash in the collection ...hmmmm you never know ... interesting topic anyways happy holidays , Ed
 
I always frequent a bank in a wealthy area of town but never notice any differences in totals.
 
mistergee said:
i haven't found anything noteworthy in the wealthier sections
my best finds were in the older sections :icon_scratch:
Same here. My best finds are in a predominately Asian ethnic area. Don't want to give away my sources. But this group of people tend to live in nice communities and own liqueur stores and laundromats in the po part of town.
 
I have no luck in wealthy areas, I have had several tellers tell me that a lot of people have been bringing in rolled coins since the economy is so bad right now
 
I always do better in depressed areas than wealthy areas...

Wealthier people tend to be able to hold onto older coins when they seem them and more are knowledgable about them in general.

That being said, every bank "could" be a gold mine if you show up on the right day.
 
mistergee said:
i have hit like 4 asian banks in Chinatown and couldn't find a single half
Wrong Asian Persuasion! :wink:
I find most Chinese bank tellers are rude and don't even want to help me, now if I was Chinese I would be treated like a rich uncle.
______ & ______ & ______ are the best. Little do they know half my family is one of these groups.
 
Wrong Asian Persuasion!
it is called Chinatown, but there is every Asian persuasian there ;D
Cambodian,Vietnamese, etc...and the tellers were nice they just didn't get many halfs and when they do they send them right out...i actually found this to be true in numerous banks i hunt
 
Hit a near by "wealthy" town the other day did AWSOME. hit three banks, for a total of about $400 in halves. Most of my silver came from one bank that had 4 rolls.....4 DREAM rolls. One roll solid silver, the other three had just a few clad mixed in with silver. ended up with a little under 4 rolls of silver( I think it was about 75 total) 40% 2 64 kennedys and a proof! Not a bad day coin roll hunting!!
 
I've had success in towns with banks that are off the beaten path and only known to locals.
 
cyberdan said:
______ & ______ & ______ are the best.
Well I went back to one group of these banks last Friday. I cleaned them all out one month ago. $350 in halves and $169 in big dollars.

Got 3 90% JFK and 10 40% :thumbsup:

nothing in the ikes >:( (did get a $1 vegas casino token, pretty beat up it went back in the wrapper and back to my bank saturday)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom