What's new

Week of Dig Artifacts

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these over the past week digging. Thanks for viewing.
 

Attachments

  • 001 (1024x768).webp
    001 (1024x768).webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 003 (1024x768).webp
    003 (1024x768).webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 004 (1024x768).webp
    004 (1024x768).webp
    89 KB · Views: 152
  • 005 (1024x768).webp
    005 (1024x768).webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0
neat stuff ...hey whats the disc shaped pc in pic 1?
 
Its a pottery disc. Sohio. The stick thing is a piece of antler tine that I think was a flaking tool. The larger artifact is a bear tooth. The pottery piece is the largest I have found. Thanks for replies guys.
 
Man sweet finds that drilled tooth is nice,congrats...
 
I am not sure where you are located but looks like a shelter dig? Very very nice finds. That pottery should be able to tell you a lot of the history. It is very ornate so your guys were not starving and were living a good life. That clay discodal in itself is a nice find let alone all the other goodies. Nice finds!
HH
TnMtns
 
The chert/points looks kinda close to me here in Tn/Ala ?
 
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I dug some on Tuesday, but the ground is getting really hard. I need some rain to start digging again. Thats why I dig mostly in the winter. The river is down also, but its even too hot for the kayak!
 
I haven't been digging either last time i went it felt like i was trying to carve out mt rushmore and I've just been plain summertime lazy lately too all i want to do is go swimming in the creek and eat those red white and blue popsicles.
 
ha ha.. I love those. just hate the purple mouth
 
that's what...sohio said
 
Please don't use my post to make personal comments. Much apppreciated. Thanks for viewing my artifacts.
 
my appologies
 
Thanks. I know it builds up over time. But everyone needs to forget about the water thats flowed past the bridge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom