What's new

Weekend finds, dime trifecta, indians, tokens.....

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well this has been an interesting weekend. I hunted a ton of yards and not a one of them was virgin, every place we went had been hit before. Finds at each place were slim, but overall together made a nice little haul of goodies. :icon_thumleft:
Friday you know I got the 1773 Virginia half penny, and a couple wheats, saturday I was with DiggerDan and I got some more wheats, indian,....then sunday I did a marathon hunt with Mr. Stuff, we started at 9am and didn't quit till 7pm.

We hit houses all over and just could not find a virgin yard to save our life. :help:
I did pretty decent ended up with the following for the weekend:

1773 Virginia Half Penny :headbang:
3 indians 1904, 1897 and 1879 (takes me to 45 injuns this yr)
37 assorted wheats
5 silver including a rosie, merc, barber for a trifecta :hello2:
2 tokens
religious pendant
cufflink
a BIG number 8.....lol :thumbsup:

It was a fun weekend, hope everyone got out and scored some goodies. :laughing7:


DSC01050.jpg


DSC01052.jpg


DSC01055.jpg


DSC01057.jpg


delphosbanktoken.jpg
 
Upvote 0
great assortment of keepers!
hats off for your determination :thumbsup:
 
A lot of people (even some on this very forum), don't really know or appreciate how difficult it is to hit the trifectas nowadays. 20 years ago was a different story. You could've been using a rake as a detector and were virtually guaranteed multiple silvers on every hunt. Today, the shiny stuff is becoming MUCH harder to find...at least in my neck of the woods. Congrats on the trifecta :headbang: You dug a heck of a lot of wheats too...always a good sign of silver. I'm sure there's more there. Go back, sloooooooow down & listen for those faint, repeatable, whisper signals :thumbsup:
 
You are hauling in a lot of nice coins right there ! Your excellent season continues !! :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
 
Looks like you had your wheaties this weekend. Nice finds man! :headbang:
 
Awesome post as always,,nice stuff,,,yes its a little hard to find a virgin yard anymore!!!!,,,there are a few deepies out there. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the trifecta! :headbang: I was a Barber dime short of my first trifecta today.. Maybe next time. Great post. HH. Bryan H.
 
bdhoward said:
Congrats on the trifecta! :headbang: I was a Barber dime short of my first trifecta today.. Maybe next time. Great post. HH. Bryan H.
I have been a barber short of a trifecta many, many hunts....lol
 
Awesome weekend by any measure. I have been three dimes short on every hunt so far. Still looking for my first silver, but methinks the silver may have been cherry-picked. Great digs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom